Friday, April 20, 2007
Mindspace 4/20/07

Friday Fandango



An email:

Hi Pamela, Your XXXXX here. Loved the Honeymoon trip photos. They were great; you know how to live! I'm jealous (smile). You all showed the world the love you share. I do have one concern; it appears you have gained a tremendous amount of weight.....I don't like that! You must get a handle on that; some food choice changes, and a work out plan. Your man is cut, you have to be cut, you know what I mean. You are too pretty to be big and fat. Your XXXXX is still holding, you have to be holding!

My Answer:


I am where I am at this moment and that's what it is. As evidenced by my pictures, I'm not having any self esteem problems and my husband is not having any issues about it either. He helps with what I am eating and we take walks when we can. My sugar levels are doing good and I take my medicines and make all of my appointments etc.

When I get to the point where I really put forth an effort to do even more - I'll be there, I'm not there and I"m not fretting about it at this time. :) I'm getting ready for my 41st b'day and spending a weekend away in Savannah with my girlfriends and getting mini-me ready for her usual 'summer tour' of folks houses, laugh and all of us taking a family vacation to Florida in July not to mention being in the middle of my Sr. Year of College - with a graduation date of January. I'm in a place where I've wanted to be and my 40's are treating me quite well so far.

I know I don't want to be struck down with anything to hinder the life I am living, so I promise I will walk a bit more and get the ole heart rate going a bit more..How's that? :)

Phenomenal Woman




Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.
I'm not cute or built to suit
a fashion model's size
But when I start to tell them,
they think I'm telling lies.
I say, It's in the reach of my arms,
The span of my hips,
The stride of my step,
The curl of my lips.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.
I walk into a room
Just as cool as you please,
And to a man,
The fellows stand or
Fall down on their knees.
Then they swarm around me,
hive of honey bees.
I say, It's the fire in my eyes,
And the flash of my teeth,
The swing of my waist,
And the joy in my feet.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.

Men themselves have wondered
What they see in me.
They try so much
But they can't touch
My inner mystery.
When I try to show them,
They say they still can't see.
I say, It's in the arch of my back,
The sun of my smile,
The ride of my breasts,
The grace of my style.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.

Now you understand
Just why my head's not bowed.
I don't shout or jump about
Or have to talk real loud.
When you see me passing,
It ought to make you proud.
I say, It's in the click of my heels,
The bend of my hair,
the palm of my hand,
The need for my care.
'Cause I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me

-Maya Angelou


HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!!!!
 
posted by Pamalicious at 8:44 AM | Permalink |


8 Comments:


  • At 9:04 AM, April 20, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous

    Again... Pammie. You look Fabulous! I hope I look just as good when I put on my bathing suit!

     
  • At 10:14 AM, April 20, 2007, Blogger Unknown

    you look great to me pam.. but did you really have to use that "Phenomenal woman" poem? every single woman over 30 on blackplanet used to use that i've seen it so many times i know it by heart. LOL. but keep doing what you're doing. stay blessed

     
  • At 2:24 PM, April 20, 2007, Blogger Weekends Off

    Wow that was kinda rude of them to say that to you! I would never even DREAM of it. IMO weight has very little to do with beauty. And I think you are beautiful, thin or thick I'd imagine.

    And your man doesn't seem like he's unpleased in any way with those big smiles I don't think either of you are too unhappy with your choices :0)

    That was a beautiful poem, never heard it before that I'm sure of. I have a book of her poetry it's probably in there but K has issues with me readin and all LOL...

    I'm sure you won't mind me snatching it from here though right? I want to send it to an ex-semiex maybe friend again - who called me yesterday to ask what kind of underware to buy - I have thick thighs and her MIL had knee surgery and she needed to know what panties to buy that would be big enough to fit over the cast.

    As if I order my drawrs special made from tents fabric!

    She's a size zero. Everyone is fat to her.

     
  • At 3:17 PM, April 20, 2007, Blogger Ladynay

    Rock that suit girl! You love you and Caun loves you where you are now and will if you change in any way I am sure!

    You betta work it!

     
  • At 8:21 PM, April 20, 2007, Blogger Beana

    Like I said before f*ck em and serve em a tall chilled glass of bitchberry koolaid.

     
  • At 2:49 AM, April 23, 2007, Blogger bikerjennifer

    I love your blog. :D, please visit my blog
    http://www.bikerkiss.com/blog/jennifer

     
  • At 12:46 PM, April 24, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous

    They must not know who you are. You are Pamalicious! The woman who exemplifies beauty from the inside out, who knows what and when and can be confidant even when you don't. Beautiful in a swimsuit, pants suit or paperbag. They just don't know!

     
  • At 8:24 PM, April 24, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous

    Girl, you're not tripping, CAUN is not tripping - nobody should be tripping. As long as your diabetes is undeer control, no worries! You look good!