Thursday, April 12, 2007
Mindspace 4/12/07

Hopping Back on the ever moving....earth





  • Was it me or did the Reuters girls have nice new 'super strength' relaxers at the press conference?

  • I am bequeathing Mini-me to SANJAYA! Come on now, give him the credit, he was the only one who tackled actual spanish. I predict he makes it to the top four. Malinda better watch out - her deer caught in the headlights is starting to get old and she's losing audience.

  • I hope that someone besides me is sitting down and partaking of Roots with their kids courtesy of TV-One. We have been having some thought provoking conversations. Interesting, when I first saw it I was 10 and now looked at where we are in society and the thought process that 'it was a long time ago' - I have been able to quite efficiently talk about alot of topical issues in our community right from this movie. I am really digging TV-One right about now. Kudos to them!

  • Howard K Stern you are NOT the father! As if we didn't know this. Did you see his family, they have distinct features, this baby most certainly didn't come from that dark haired droopy eyed brood. Man I wish Anna were alive - so we could see this play out with her present. Poor Baby. Remember the saddest richest girl in the world (the daughter of that shipping heiress who killed herself) Dannilynn might want to give her a call when she gets old enough.

  • Tears flowed unchecked as I watched "Run's House" season premiere. I feel like they are a family I know. I LOVE this show.

  • Am I the only one waiting on this Fox show "Drive"? I am so intrigued by the premise and the clips so far. I hope it doesn't disappoint, because I quite enjoy the blood rush you get from Amazing Race and this looks like it might deliver that same volume.

  • I got a text in the middle of the Ocean "Tango won and proposed" Alrightyy then. As if, lol lol I haven't seen any interviews with NY discussing the status of their relationship.

  • RIP Roscoe Lee Brown. I had to think about what role stuck out the most for me and I remember him from that episode of Good Times where he played a preacher and old friend of James who wanted him to go on the road with him. James discovered he was a phony and cancelled out on it.

  • I respectfully applaud Obama's fundraising 'victory'. I'd like a concerted campaign to raise the same amount of money to be funneled back into our communities.

  • SIGH the whole Imus thing makes the back right side of my head hurt. See all the 'loose tongues' in my opinion, are because our personal in-house shame has been drug out to the front porch and now folks think it's the 'norm'. If a so-called 'serious' journalist feels free enough to converse with other men and say such things - what next - Ted Koppel using it? Far as I'm concerned, white folks have just waiting patiently until it got to the point where they can publicly start slipping in what was 'private' conversation. Because of our own dissention and inability to focus, they think it will just fade away. It's all so convuluted at this point. I was reading something where they were asking Black men to apologize to blackwomen - but in my opinion - black women should apologize to other black women for accepting such treatment. They have Klan Rallies and registration all the time - but we don't show up to that, so when Brothers started disrespecting us - we
    should have just not showed up instead of lining up around the block for a TOKEN AND LUNCH. To have credit cards ran up our behinds. We all have a part in the whole spectrum of things.

  • Lawd knows I loves me some Beyonce, but I am SATURATED with her at this point. I want to see a 'janetesque' picture of her and soon, off on vacation about 20 pounds heavier and just RELAXING. Dang it girl! You KNOW you need a vacation! Can I start to say 'hmm wonder when B coming back?'

  • Why is Law and Order SVU so inconsistent these days. I hope the new episodes come back soon.

  • So all the plus size girls are off the show. I have to say though, the sista was beautiful but she could not 'model'. I want Tyra to pull her skirts down to like 1 inch above the knee - she was NOT sexy last nite in that mini-skirt! I want the other sista to win - the one with the baby. I like her and she's growing by leaps and bounds.

 
posted by Pamalicious at 11:58 AM | Permalink |


3 Comments: