Monday, April 16, 2007
Mindspace 4/16/07

TV & Zzzzzzz's



Right now I am under my desk sucking my thumb in sorrow because Tyrese will be here on Thursday and due to the carnote people threatening to make some kinda 'example' of me - I won't be attending. YBF had the nerve to post pictures of his night in NYC!!!!! Ohh my heart is going to burst forth from my chest!

Morning!

My Subject line says it all about my weekend. I was in some kinda semi-comatose state and I think I am FINALLY back among the living in the here and now and not caught up in that vacation haze, lol lol

I just laid around from Friday Nite to Sunday, lol I didn't cook or anything, lol Matter of fact Caun and Mini-me been cooking all this past week. I cooked dinner last night as my reintroduction, lol lol

We just caught some really crazy stuff on that whole ON Demand thing. We watched the cult classic "Ssssss" about the man trying to turn young men into King Cobras, lol and we watched this actually really good movie starring Joan Crawford towards the end of her career called Strait-Jacket. She found her husband and his girlfriend in her bed, chopped them up and went to the asylum for 20 years and then got out. It was really good - so different from todays movies, all vamped over of course since it was Joan Crawford. We did some more Roots and I took naps all in between all of that.

Sunday, however, I got up and went out to 'Janets' house to hang out and give her her gifts from the cruise. We had a good time talking and drinking Tequila and sweet/sour mixers, lol lol We also caught the new show Drive on Fox and it was quite good, I must say. I just hope I remember to watch it because it's one of those shows where you need to watch it or you are totally lost. Lots of story lines going on.

I got a 78 in my last class - I'm okay with it. My paper was HORRIBLE. I should have done it before I left, but it would have then just been bad, lol. I'm in Cultural Anthropology now and he doesn't want internet articles for our paper, so I'm going to have to freaking go to the library and do some real work! LOL I'll make it happen however, I'm soo close.



ATLNewbian always does these great things with her self portraits, so this weekend Caun and I did our thing, lol lol As you can tell - I've moved on in the hairstyle parade, lol lol I am on 100% sexy right about now and Caun stays on 100% - so we are doing fine.


Last week, I was so reminded of myself as I read WEEKENDS OFF. If you haven't read the sista, please do. She has a great blog. Well last week, she took me back to a point in my life on EMANCIPATION. She has just been doing some self examining and it made me think that it's about time I lay back on the cyber couch and see where my head is at.

So this week on the blogshere, I am going to sit on the 'couch' and see where I am at emotionally. I haven't been on the cyber couch in awhile and it's time for a spring time check in, lol This should be interesting, lol it's all about introspective and I have my tissue and some water and a pillow for my neck. I'll be kicking off my shoes and putting on my favorite footies and delving into what's going on in my head and heart. How is the journey going? This time I will also be delving into some areas, I don't talk about alot on this board..namely family and my relationship with them.

Now if I could just put this much energy towards cleaning out my freaking CLOSET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. If you get a chance and would like to finally address the ENTIRE issue that Imus brought to the forefront (yet again) here is a GREAT BLOG called AFRONERD that has some very important commentary and information. Check him out as well.
 
posted by Pamalicious at 10:38 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 5:37 PM, April 16, 2007, Blogger yummy411

    pam that is a gorgeous pic of you!!! go girl! don't get too sexy for caun, he might not know what to do. love your hair =)

     
  • At 10:00 PM, April 16, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous

    I can't wait until my girls get older (they are 3 and almost 5), so I can have lazy weekends like the one you had - it sounds DIVINE!!! But these days, I could never just relax on the couch ... until the girls are asleep, and by then I am so tired, I fall asleep in 30 minutes!