Thursday, June 29, 2006
Brainwaves 6/29/06

Cast Away!



Mini-me got the cast off today! Her leg is not as atrophied as we thought. For those not in the know - during spring break Mini-me shattered her knee cap doing the limbo at Piedmont Park. She's had surgery, screws and a cast for awhile now. Tsk Tsk Tsk.

Now it's about getting that knee bending and getting her range of motion back. No braces etc. she just has her crutches. It's a mind game for the most part. Let her get comfortable and find her footing and begin to work her own knee. We know that pain we inflict upon ourselves is better than if I started moving her knee.

In six weeks, she's going in for day surgery so they can take a look inside and make sure it's really healing and then about 4-6 MONTHS of physical therapy 2x a week. Alrightyy then!

She's been cleared to travel and should be heading out of here on Monday or Tuesday!



This evening CAUN and I are headed to Chastain Park (an Amphitheatre) to see Mary J. Blige! This was his main Fathers Day gift. He's her biggest fan. We went here to see New Edition, so I know it's gonna be nice and we actually have seats this time.

I love the ambience of Chastain. We are bringing our little table tray and cooler and sitting out under the starts munching, sipping and chilling a la grown folks style. I put together a nice little summer spread: Curry chicken salad, macaroni salad, chunked watermelon, sweet/sour wings, cheese. I have a little wine and sparkling grape juice chilling (ya'll know CAUN don't drink) and it should be a nice night.

Mini-me is currently soaking in a hot tub (ya'll do the math on that entire leg cast that you can't get wet) and after she finishes that (and playing with Mermaid Barbie) we're heading out to 'Janets', who has so graciously agreed to keep an eye on her while we go to the concert.

I'm looking forward to us going out - we haven't been on a just us date in a couple of weeks and this should be sexy/cool. This will be out fourth concert! We have seen Prince, R Kelly, New Edition and now Mary J. We doing it big time!

I am LOVING my life at this moment and if you all knew all that I know (and will in due time) ya'll would be loving it as well!
 
posted by Pamalicious at 12:57 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments: