Monday, October 02, 2006
Brainwaves 10/2/06

Perfect time of the year



Hey folks! This is a speed blog because I got alot on my plate today. This is where that 85wpm definately comes in handy and the ability to type off the top of my head.

Atlanta was BEAUTIFUL this weekend! I love this time of year, where it starts off cool and eventually heats up. I ride with the window down - fall blowing in the wind (I need to do a whole blog on my hair woes). Clears the sinus' right up, lol.

This weekend was a great one! Me and the Fam spent every waking moment together for the most part and enjoyed it all. We hit the streets early on Saturday morning to go downtown to enjoy the Parade of Academic Excellance in honor of it being Atlanta Classic Weekend. Another reason I like this time of year is because it's parade season. Mini-me has been going since she was in a stroller - so we look forward to this time. I can't wait till I'm standing off MLK enjoying the festivities, lol We then just hung out all day. When I tell you we left the house at about 9:45am and didn't return till about 9:00pm - I ain't lying. Also when I tell you that because we have been SOOOO blessed with gift cards and other little treats - that all that time we spent NO MONEY. Believe that! I mean we hung out a whole day on gift cards, certificates and other blessings. Amazing! Just enjoying our town. We went out to the Towne Center area and explored, window shopped etc. etc. Just a good day. Now by 10:00 we all were konked out but that's another story, lol

Sunday I just chilled - took that time to go get the nails done and some grocery shopping. It feels WONDERFUL to have these little jaunts and just be with me and my head. I actually ran across my journal and realized I hadn't written anything since July. I am going to be starting that back - I need to speak to myself again.

My Maid of Honor - "Janet" is really coming through for a sista - I loves that gal. She found the invitations I wanted on clearance for $14.95 marked down from $39.99!! So she bought them for me and the programs. Now I don't know what I'm putting in the programs, but I'll make them cute. I also expanded my registry at Linens and Things. I had did it online - but I wanted to play with the gun (lol) and look at what I had. I also am getting a bit nervous about the sucess of our other registry - we have a honeymoon registry. That is where you actually help us by your gift being different parts of the actual honeymoon. Well I do know my audience and I do know that folks like giving something 'tangible' - my internet savvy and folks I've mentioned it to will get the whole concept - but I don't want to alienate anyone - so we walked around and put some other things that we do need on the Linens and Things Registry.

Sooo - today begins my three day stint at an Atlanta Area Hotel for a meeting. I love meeting planning (ought to go into it) and so I'll be in my zone for the next three days. Don't worry I'll still be blogging - I said I'm back and I mean it!

Well ya'll have a good week - I gotta run home and change these shoes - cute=crippling toe pain, is not gonna work on those long ass hotel halls, so I gotta run home first, lol lol
 
posted by Pamalicious at 10:37 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: