Tuesday, September 26, 2006
Brainwaves 9/26/06

A "Penny" for your thoughts






Well I tried, but I have to jump on the Janet bandwagon for a hot minute seeing as TODAY is finally the day that 20 Y.O. comes out. I'll follow up with a review when I listen to it - but seeing as she's been on every cover except the Bible and what not, I want to talk about my 40 year old counterpart for a minute.

This weekend VH-1 Soul did "My Story" on Janet and I sat there and had time to reflect on her career As I watched damn near three hours of the visual representation of her career. Say what you will, but she's one bad Sista! I mean so what, her vocals are 'tender' at best and she (unfortunately) took her Brothers advice about his plastic surgeon (when is that man gonna be brought up on charges)- she is one of the greatest video era performers of our time. The only other female that comes to mind that stands beside her is Madonna.


"Dunk" sat back and watched her Brothers and much to probably alot of people's surprise (especially after Dream Street) she came back F-I-E-R-C-E and no matter what weight or what relationship - she has been kicking ass for TWENTY YEARS. Anybody seen Jermaine lately? (who was the Golden Child behind Michael).

I wonder, because coming from a large family myself, if the stench of hate ever breezes past her chiseled nostrils when she sitting at her mommas house? I just know Mike is cursing as he applies his makeup - that one of his own family members is the next best thing to.....him.

Back when control came out - I too was a 20 year old young woman trapped in the clutches of parental overload. I could sooo identify with this gal here. At that time I was even thinner than her (which would be my one and only time that shit was obvious). I was so busy trying to be her sister-in-law, that I didn't pay much attention to exactly what she was trying to do - but she certainly got my attention with this.

During this time also - my mom was her personal assistant! Yep my moms worked for Janet. I can't remember exactly how she got that gig - but she packed up and moved to Hollyweird leaving us with my daddy. Ya'll really don't understand that period in my life, lol I was so close to having my ultimate dream come true I could taste it. As soon as school would have let out - I was going to California to ride shotgun right into Mike's Bed!! Shit I'da worn a batman costume if it got me up in that bad boy!!

Of course, seeing as I'm sitting at this hellhole with about $40 to my name indicates something went terribly wrong with that dream, lol. When Miss Jackson (if yah nasty) asked my mom for a glass of water and my mom indicated she was closer - she could just get it herself, things took a turn and my ass was ASS OUT in Philadelphia, because Mom's went off and told her to stop trippin or something of that nature. So yes my T-shirt reads - "My Mom Worked For Janet Jackson and All I got Was a Lousey All Access Pass to the Control Video Taping, An Original Marriage Certificate from Janet and James and a GotDamn Can of Joe Cola"!!

However, we did get a phone call from Janet (in which my brother fainted on the phone) and my Mom had a great story about standing in the front row of the video and Mike standing next to her in full disguise....with....Bubbles. I STILL didn't get an Autograph nor a Glass of Water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sooo - Though I think at this stage in the game she shouldn't have to work so hard, and I sure hope that with her living here most of the time the weather will inspire her to put on some clothes and though I really wish Momma Katherine had of gotten them better tutors, cause they never look all that intelligent and though Oprah had me laughing with all the shade she was throwing, cause ya'll know the main two triggers in her life are skinny broads and women in love - that runs Oprah crazyyyyy - did you notice that it seemed like she wanted to start every sentence with "This Heifer Here" LOLand though at the same age (we are only about 18 days apart in age) I look like her BEFORE picture - I'm giving my sista PROPS!

HANDLE YO BUSINESS SISTA GAL! HANDLE YO BUSINESS!


Other Janet Words: Janet and MTV by Clay Cane and Album Review by In The Mix With Trent
 
posted by Pamalicious at 8:02 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments: