Monday, October 09, 2006
Brainwaves 10/9/06

Monday Musings



Chicken Noodle Soup, Chicken Noodle Soup, Chicken Noodle Soup with a soda on the side - -- How Ya'll Be? It's getting nippy here in the ATL, this upcoming weekend I guess I need to pull the winter clothes bags out. This is not exciting on one hand, cause I think I gave alway all my clothes so I'll be rocking NOTHING and exciting on another cause all my boots are coming out of storage. Everyone knows I'm a boot whore so I anticipate walking tall. We also need to go find some wood and crank up the fireplace. I hope CAUN knows what he's doing in that area - or you'll see us on the news, lol We have a nice piece of fake fur that we call 'Decafur' and we can't wait to sit by the fire.

A good non-eventful weekend. Went to a flea market. It was huge and I was chafing at the bit to get up in there only to be massively disappointed. Man sometimes 'my peeps' can be such pains in the ass! They don't understand the concept of flea market, it is not to get back what you paid, it is to liquidate to make room for new shit. I ain't paying $50 for nothing that is sitting outside in a parking lot on the ground. Get a grip! I did score 250 ivory cards for $3.00 - lots I can do with them for the wedding and beyond.

Speaking of, wedding planning going fine. This paycheck (a process in the plan your wedding around your checks method) was about invitations. I got all the paper and accessories. Now it's template time. I'm playing with wording etc. etc. for the invite as well as the program. I hope to have these bad boys in the mail by October 20th - that gives folks three solid months to get back to me. I guesstimate, 35 people, but you never know. Otherwise, I looked at CAUN a ring and that's about it. Funny, but I would probably be much busier if I were having it here, because now it's just up to me to actually buy something. I'm getting it slowly but surely. I'm holding off on my dress as long as humanly possible, but I guess I should stop the illusion that I'm gonna lose some astromonical amount of weight and get the dress. I will lose some, but let's stop playing, lol

Well "DQ" has Sirrius. I called in on Friday to get it activated, it's only $12.95 a month. Imagine my surprise when the man from India on the phone told me that apparently the previous owners had purchased a years plan in advance in April, so I had it FREE until April 2007!!!!!!! Oh yea!! The blessing for the Magnegroes (Bet you didn't know CAUN has a last name, lol CAUN MAGNEGRO - his offical Xman Name. As we know mine is just STORMEKA and yes we will be getting these names engraved in our bands, lol). Niceeeeeee - we are quite enjoying it. I am putting up all my CD's in the attic - between this and the IPOD, I'm set.

Speaking of - As a member of the Ipodian Nation, I have discovered a few things. When you have an IPOD you become a couple of things: (1) Stuck in the past, I mean you have basically created the greatest list of songs of your life and they usually have already come out and it's very hard (at least for me) to add some of the newer stuff. I have been sitting on several CD's and just haven't put them on the IPOD as of yet. (2) You become stuck in singleville. Whole CD's are a thing of the past - you have everything from an artist you would ever need, so why do I need your entire CD. There are, hmmm, approximately 5 Complete CD's on my IPOD: Will Downing's Moods, Waiting to Exhale Soundtrack, Love Jones Soundtrack, Justin Timberlake's Justified, Chante Moore's first CD. DeAngelo's First CD, Otherwise there are just compilations of folks, I don't count Best of EnVogue cause it's a compilation. I have about 600 songs out of the 1000 and I'd rather just quickly download some singles of the new stuff, plop it into the What's Poppin Folder and call it a day.

However, I finally listened to a couple of CD's.

  • Beyonce: Birthday - Hmmm, there are a couple of nice cuts on this thing, I'm glad it's a short CD. I likes me some Beyonce and so I give this a B

  • Justin Timberlake: Sexywhatever - I miss Pharrell. Timberland did okay but I'm not one that's too keen on 'concept albums' - Rhythm Nation excluded. I liked the more smoothness that Pharrell brought to the table, however, there are about three cuts that I really enjoy so I give it a C.

  • Janet: 20 y.o. - Right off the bat - what in sam hell is she saying?! DAMN! I feel like Janet is at a point where she been dealing with the same hairdresser since the 80's and she been doing the same bouffant and everytime Janet asks for something different, she might make an additional swirl, but it's the same damn hairstyle. Even Jermaine couldn't really put out what Janet needed - cause her sound is so shall we say unique. I like three songs and I am more enthralled by the liner notes to Jermaine than the entire Cd combined: "I worship the ground you walk on. First there is God and then there's you" GO HEAD GIRL! I think I might say that to CAUN at the wedding, lol.

  • Danity Kane - My Surprise hit! I like this CD! I'm so totally a sucker for that poppy sound, lol. Mini-me kept telling me it was okay, and I finally listened to it. It might end up on the IPOD.



Well this week shouldn't be so busy - I'm proud of myself, I turned in all my homework on time and it made sense, lol lol

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WILLIE!!!!!!
 
posted by Pamalicious at 11:31 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At 11:39 AM, October 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

    LOL girl you are cracking me up with the XMen names.

    I've been behind on your adventures lately. Now that I'm caught up, I'm so glad to see your wedding plans are coming along so well :)