Tuesday, December 26, 2006
Mindspace 12/26/06

Roadtrip!



Hey People!

Hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

Today beings the first day of Kwanzaa

DAY ONE

Umoja (Unity)
To strive for and maintain unity in the family, community, nation and race.


So you ever have sooo much you would like to say that you end up with nothing to say. That's how I feel about this trip.


Shopping in the Northeast - $100.00
Total Cost of Gas for the trip - $250.00
CAUN driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia to The Bronx to Yonkers to Philly and finally back to Atlanta a total of over 1793 miles - PRICELESS!


I am blogging from the comfort of my bed! Watching Maury, lol. We have had one whirlwind of a trip! We had a good time but there is NO PLACE like home and like your own bed!

So when I tell you I didn't touch the steering wheel I mean it. CAUN drove from Atl to Phil to the Bronx to Yonkers to Philly to Atlanta and lets not forget all over philly!!!!!!!!!!!! It was so smooth and the Durango gave us no problem (not that I thought it would) and it made travel perfect.

We got to Philly around 7pm due to traffic. Everything went well. My mom and CAUN hit it off. Well I had told my mom that he favored the actor Leon not PRINCE!! I say this because she had us in the back room and it was a twin bed. That man is 6'1, lol lol So that was an interesting evening and I didn't get any sleep trying to keep from falling out the bed.

That next day was sightseeing. We took my mom on her usual errands and that allowed us time to hang out in Philly.
It was damp and rainy, but it wasn't snowing - so okay. CAUN wanted to go sight seeing and that's what we did. In, I don't know, 4 hours we did (1)South Street (2) Liberty Bell (3) Old Philadelphia (4) Declaration of Independence
(5) Rocky Statute and (6) Running up the Rocky steps, lol lol lol I was exhausted, and here's evidence that we did ALOT of walking,
but we had a good time!! That evening we just kinda hung out at the house.


Glad I brought my cooler as well because I went and stocked up on things I can only get in Philly to take home. I bought food! Bump a t-shirt, lol. We went to this open market (9th street market) as we always do and I got 10 pounds of turkey necks for $9.50. Why turkey necks you say - cause they are as big as your ARM! Mutant Turkey necks, lol lol . I also got a case of hot sausages and one for "Janet", and meatballs - I can never find all beef meatballs here and finally as well as around $20 worth of fresh spices. I can't WAIT till the new year so I can get me a pot of necks and rice going!!!!!!!!!!


The wedding was WONDERFUL! Mini-me was a vision of loveliness! Tears flowed freely from my eyes looking at my baby and I was just gone emotionally because being at this wedding signaled that mine was....next.


It was a small intimate wedding and the reception was in the same place. This was such a beautiful time because most of mini-me's paternal family was in attendance and were able to see Mini-me and some of them hadn't seen her since the Furneral. She was getting almost as much attention as the bride, lol lol

The reception was off the hook! Four course meal and because they are Dominican - in addition to the DJ - they had a Latin percussion group so say we were listening to Evelyn Champagne King - she got a remix and turned it latin fusion and so it was off the chain! We all were dancing etc. CAUN fit right in (even though he was the darkest for miles around, lol).
It was special to him (as per his words) that he got to meet Mini-me's Paternal family and assure them that he would continue to raise his daughter in the manner to which she was accustomed and in the circle of love her father would have wanted. For me it was an interesting feeling, because it marked the end of me being in that family and the closing of the past. For 13 years I've been "Rashid's widow" and now I'm about to embark on being "CAUN'S Wife". It was the last time I had that set of in-laws etc. It was leaving the past and looking forward to my future. The redefining of my relationship with that family and the opening of new relationships with CAUN's Family. It was special and a bit bittersweet. It was a great evening all the way around.

We got back to Philly like 2:30am and crashed.
For the next two nights CAUN slept in the lazy boy and gave me the bed (yea he's first in heaven). We left my moms about 2pm and didn't really rush, lol It was just us. We stopped and ate and stopped in VA to do some Christmas shopping for his girls, lol lol It was a cool trip.

Yesterday we just chilled. CAUN has gotten a bit under the weather all the temperature changes etc. I am sniffing a bit as well. We did try to go see Dreamgirls and of course it was sold out till this afternoon, lol lol We'll try when CAUN gets off from work if he feels like it.

The best surprise with returning home. Six people RSVP'ed for the wedding at the wedding we were at AND my friend WAR RSVP'ed he's coming to the wedding!!!!!


CAUN becoming the Money!



Moms and Us


Us at the Reception


Me and Mini-me
 
posted by Pamalicious at 8:47 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments: