Tuesday, December 19, 2006
Mindspace 12/19/06

Ghetto Socialites



Ok, what had happened was....LOL. Really - it feels so good for folks to be like "Um where's the blog?" LOL So here I am. I was just really busy. Every blue moon I just can't fit it in. But I'm here now.

Sooo where do I begin?! we have been the social butterflies. 
Friday evening we went to CAUNS Holiday party and had a really good time.  They had the entire aquarium and Wolf Gang Puck catered.  How classy!  There had to be about 750 people there and 746 of them knew CAUN.  I spent soo much time saying Hello Nice to meet you enjoy your evening Happy Holiday, yes he's a wonderful man, he takes good care of us also, lol lol  And try to keep steady cause I was drinking like a fish, lol lol lol  Good time!  It fits me quite well that I tend to pick men who require celebrity whether real or perceived, lol Pesonally this picture doesn't do us any justice - I am looking slightly linebackish dressed as a drag queenish, lol lol Mini-me wouldn't get up off the couch - lazy ass.
 
Saturday we went to a Holiday Seafood Party - which is a cool concept.  It was hosted by friends and wrapped around the Falcons game since we watched in the comfort of their theatre room. CAUN had a good time,lol and she had hired a guy from her job to bartend so I was doing more drinking, lol  It was nice to see everyone and just chill out. All that New Orleans flava in the food, lol I know there were over 26 dishes there and there was nothing store bought. Everyone cooked. I mean BBQ Shrimp, Dungeness Crab Legs, other pasta dishes, shrimp scampi, gumbo - just oo la la. So by the time we got home from this function - I was on about 15 drinks between the two events. Buzz real NICEEEEEE!!!
 
Sunday we went to see Pursuit of Happyness. Good movie. I already see I should have read the book. That way I could have gotten the layers that I needed. They just couldn't dig as deep as I would have liked to I still wanna know what happened to the wife. And like all those nooks and crannies that a book can give you. I still might read the book. Cause now I'm curious.
Love the "Look into the sun picutures" Atlantic Station is sooo nice. I really enjoy down there and CAUN and I are seriously considering moving down there. It's a community that they are supposedly fashioning after New York Urban Dwelling. The concept of living in the city with a surburban atmosphere is there but that which is NY will never be duplicated. I mean where the hell was the Bodego just sitting in the middle of everything, lol It's expensive but we're urbanites and maybe we just want because our kids are older a swanky condo in the city you know.

Also on Sunday I met up with my bridesmaid and we picked her out a dress. I'm glad that is taken care of. I actually found something I was looking for to place in my gift bags as well - so it was a good wedding weekend as far as I'm concerned. I took my Ebay fantastic dress to get it hemmed and of course it cost more than the actual dress, but I still came out like a fat rat. In between all of that, I did some things around the house, finished up school (ON BREAK UNTIL JANUARY 2ND!) and made Stuffed Shells, lol lol Dont' let anyone tell you that a woman's job is a full time job, lol


Monday was my bridal shower. OK so that was a NICE shower!!! Aww Man! They made playing cards with us on them!! I get to keep them as well. There were chocolate coins and little playing cards. So nice!! The spread was nice too and only one meat dish. They made sure I could eat, lol lol












So I got XXX off my registry (thebigday.com) and an American Express Card and an a Target Card and cash!!!!
And they bought CAUN 6 POUNDS of Fruit Cocktail cause they know he eats that stuff by the TON!!! LOL LOL LOL No lie I spend about $20 at the grocery on that stuff every two weeks. So all in all THIS HAS BEEN A FABULOUS FOUR DAYS!!

Tomorrow is Potluck at the office and then we are hitting the road to go to Philadelphia and New York City. I'll speak on that a bit more Thursday. I hope you all had a fabulous weekend as well!

 
 
posted by Pamalicious at 9:16 AM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At 12:43 PM, December 19, 2006, Blogger Ladynay

    What a wonderful weekend!

    Those pix came out nice! You kid has a wholeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lotta hair! LOL

    Caun is slim so I may have to start eating fruit cocktail like that! LOL

     
  • At 2:39 PM, December 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

    Pam, you and Caun look so cute together. What a difference a year makes. Shux, girl, you're making us single women feel hopeful.

    I was thinking that same thing Ladynay was thinking. Caun might be onto something with that fruit cocktail. It could be healthy and help folks to stay slim.

     
  • At 2:42 PM, December 19, 2006, Blogger Pamalicious

    Well ladies - he don't eat junk, he don't have constipation and he taste oh so sweet, lol lol

    And Lady Nay - Gurl her hair is ALOT of work and in 2007 I'm going back to the hairdresser!!!!!!

     
  • At 4:18 PM, December 19, 2006, Blogger Little Brown Girl

    Ok you just made me so sad. Oh how I miss Atlanta. And Atlantic Station is fabulous...my former "muse" (ATL) lives in Atlantic Station so this post made me think of him a little *sniff sniff* But this ain't about me now is it so...moving on LOL!!!

    I love the pics of you and the fiancee. You guys look so happy. I'll have to go back and read more of your old stuff to get caught up.

    Anyway...safe travels and happy holidays!!!

     
  • At 6:08 PM, December 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

    Pammie yall look so doggone happy it makes me smile. Im with Aziza, yall making single folk remain hopeful that it can happen for us too.

    And let me find out CAUN likes the cocktail out the mega can. LOL...I do the tropical kind like that.

     
  • At 10:36 PM, December 19, 2006, Blogger blkbutterfly

    i'm usually just a reader of your blog, but i just had to say how fabulous you all look! not simply outside, but there's a glow there that's unmistakable. cheers to you!

    oh, and girl, you are better than me with Atlantic Station! i only like to go there as a last resort...

     
  • At 11:16 AM, December 20, 2006, Blogger NegroPino™

    IM loving the playing cards that was a good idea..i have never been to a bridal party/shower.....goes to show the company I keep