Wednesday, March 28, 2007
Mental Mindspace 3/28/07

The Evolution of Sanjaya



Ok, I just needed to go somewhere else in my head for a moment dayum!



Alrighty - I got home and immediately went to my taping of American Idol. Imagine my surprise and...delight at the manchild that is Sanjaya, lol. At first I thought this was like six levels of hot mess,but as time has worn on, I have gotten aboard the express train that is known as Sanjaya.

I mean he's trumped William Hung AND he's brought back so many fond memories of El Debarge (let me clarify that - El Debarge can SANG, however his whole persona has been jacked by this boy here).

Let's be honest, we have seen either on TV or courtesy of You Tube PROFESSIONAL singers with songs out on the charts who sound this bad if not worse and I gotta applaud ole boy for seemingly taking the bull by the horns and enjoying his time on television.

American Idol is not going to suffer from this one bit, seeing as one of the very judges got over with a less than stellar voice they damn selves. Who are we kidding? If the industry itself was full of Jeffrey Osbornes, Al Greene's and Sam Cooke's then this would be a travestry - but it ain't.

Everybody, including him and his momma know he is not going to win and I give him about two more weeks, but a couple of things is starting to happen: (1) It has shook the contestants who are taking this seriously and they now fucking up and (2) He is growing and evolving. If he comes away with the ability to hold a solid note for his College Theatre Musical then HOORAY FOR SANJAYA! He getting tons of young gals falling at his feet, he getting press and he gets to be on TV - SHIT ain't THAT The American Dream?!

So Sing on Sanjaya and milk it for what it's worth! I am praying daily that they actually bring El on and they do a duet - Lawd I would fall cold out!!!
 
posted by Pamalicious at 1:29 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 2:47 PM, March 28, 2007, Blogger Aziza

    I love those Debarges. That's going to make me break out my old "In A Special Way" album. The cover is torn behind looking at so much back in the day and I refuse to throw it away.


    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B000001AHP/sr=8-

     
  • At 2:53 PM, March 28, 2007, Blogger Pamalicious

    Gurl I got all my Debarge Vinyl! Not even playing. Then I have it all on Cassette and then I have it all on CD - just a crying shame, lol