Monday, April 23, 2007
Mindspace 4/23/07

Monday Musings



The Jelly Bean That Almost Took Me Out




Lawd! I was on my way back from lunch and found three gourmet jelly beans in my jacket pocket. I popped one in my mouth - bit down and tasted the peanut butter. I spit it out, but immediately my tongue started itching. So I'm like mannnn, I need to get to work to drink some water. By the time I got to my desk - my voice was gone, by the time I got to my supervisors office I was wheezing. A co-worker was going to run up the street to the drugstore to get me some benedryl - she stopped by the security desk. Next thing I know I'm on display. The nurses here at the office came down - said my pulse was racing and I was flushed call 911 - I said I didn't need all that, they came anyway. So then Caun had to be called. I actually had to get on a gurney and be wheeled through the office WITH OXYGEN!!!!!!! I get taken via ambulance up the street. I have NEVER been in an ambulance in my life and my first ride lasts all of 5 minutes, lol. They don't even get me a room. I spent four hours in the hallway, lol lol getting intrevenous stuff. Caun gets the truck goes and gets Mini-me and comes on up. They both looking at me sideways on this hopsital bed in the hall clutching my Coach Bags, lol lol Watching this woman try to throw up and keep her wig on, LOL

So I got out the hospital and came back up to the job to get some work I didn't get to complete. We then went to dinner, lol I got in the house and commenced to sleep about 11 hours. Some good dreamless sleep too. Somewhere in there I was just a smiling, why? Because for the first time in a long time - I had somebody!! I could say "Call my HUSBAND" Whew Lawd! Thank you!

So of course said husband had only one comment "that's what you get for having stray nutz in your mouth" - Tsk Tsk Tsk SIGH!

Anyhoo - the rest of the weekend was great. The weather here was F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S. We spent most of it outside. We actually went to two different outlet malls on opposite sides of Atlanta. I wanted to get the arguments with Mini-me started now, so by the time I'm ready to purchase stuff - we can be set. Phase one is done. It was about...shoes and heels. We got that straight since 3 inch heels will not be worn on her foot. Yes she has to grow up and I lay out several 1 to 1 1/2 inch samples of what was acceptable. We came to an agreement and that's that. Next up, phase two - swim suits. I will wear my armour for that one.

Does anyone watch TLC or Discovery on Sunday Nights? Last night they had a special called "I eat 33,000 calories a day" You talking bout a downer. This brother ate as part of his 33,000 calories 8 steaks and 5 baked potatoes A DAY! I don't even know why I watched these damn shows, cause it don't do anything but make me depressed. All my bravada on Friday and then I watch like three shows in a row about obscenely obese people. Way to go Pam! SIGH.

I did alot of 'mothering' this weekend. Mini-me is getting some acne and she was using this dollar store stuff her G-mom gave her and her face just broke out. It made it worse. So I went and got some Nutrogena which is gentler and showed her how to open her pores and then I did a light 'scrub' and then I closed her pores up and applied medication etc. Her face looks 100 times better today. I then showed her how to moisturize and what not. It's funny - you have to teach your children - they don't know. It always makes me feel for those children whose parents just don't parent and they have to pick it up from somewhere else. I'm gonna get her that veet so she can shave her legs this summer as well. Me being a girlie girl - I do enjoy these types of bonding moments with mini-me and she was most grateful to see the progression in 24 hours on her face.


In the meantime - she's starting pushing for......A DOG! I have never been a real dog fan - though I like little dogs. We spoke about it and I said we would revisit it in August, because we got alot going on this summer and who would watch the dog. She won't even freaking be here!!! So we'll see. I know that I like life around and this very well might be a good 'teaching tool' and 'responsibility' etc. She's an only child and sometimes I sympathize about that and she's quite responsible - HOWEVER - I just keep seeing additional costs, the fact that WE not HER will be getting a dog and things like periods and dog vomit and loose bowels and spit up and shit that would make me gag! HMMM - don't know. Dog lovers, let me know if that would be a good move. It is a living being and not something we can just give back if it don't work out. I know folks who got dogs and their homes don't smell or anything (that's my other worry). I, as of today, am not feeling it.

Well last week was deep on my end and wordy - so this week, I'll try not to bore yah to tears, lol I'm feeling springy - so I want some lightweight stuff! Thanks to all the new readers (found some new blogs to read!) and let's get this party started RIGHTTTTT!!!
 
posted by Pamalicious at 10:38 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 1:13 PM, April 23, 2007, Blogger Ladynay

    Sounds like you need a little bottle of the 'dryll in your desk somewhere esp. w/a nut allergy. Many things have traces of nuts in them.

    Cauns statement could be taken soooooooo many ways but I won't go there.

    Awwwwww mommy/daughter moments. Precious!

     
  • At 1:31 PM, April 23, 2007, Blogger Pamalicious

    Yea I got some in my desk now. I haven't had a slip up in so long. It's just peanuts not other nuts.