Friday, June 30, 2006
Brainwaves 6/30

My Life My Life My Life






It was 96 degrees, but luckily our seat was in the shade. As we got all set up, folks were coming in steadily. I love Chastain! The entire vibe, and as a black person this is heaven - sitting outside, eating and listening to music, lol.

My people, My people. I think that I have come to the conclusion that our bodies were made for flowing fabrics - I don't care how shapely you are - we look FLICTED in these tight ass clothes we insist on wearing. It just takes something away from us, in my opinion. The sistas who had on the beautiful flowing tops and dresses looked so attractive, so alive. I guess I just like the natural look. Now the whole shorts, stiletto's and greased legs CAN be sexy and I saw a couple of sistas who put it together right - but the problem arises when you are: Knock kneed, pigeon toed, rusty/crusty kneed and all that other stuff we might have going on.

The "Kids" were in full effect and their table scapes were to DIE FOR! table cloths, fine wine glasses, long candles in beautiful candle holders. Just F-A-B-U-L-U-O-U-S.

The Brothers were in effect. Not alot of originality. Linen will be the death of a brother, lol. They know if you say go out - that's what they are putting on, lol I didn't see anyone that really caught my eye, funny I pretty much only have eyes for CAUN.

The evening started out with a bit of turbulance, but it was slowly calming down. As we ate watermelon and sipped on Sparkling Grape Juice - Atlanta's own 112 opened up the night. All I got to say is THEY AIN'T NO NEW EDITION!! They didn't even match!! Now, and this is the truth, I was telling CAUN they sounded nice and he was like "Pam their set is ova! They left the stage" Damn! Didn't even realize it, lol lol lol and I was looking at the stage. There were so many negroes milling around - they got lost in the crowd! I mean they sung a couple of songs I know but alot of their stuff I didn't. I also kept expecting that hater R.L. (from MEXT) to show up and proclaim they wern't a group, lol

So we waited a bit longer and then there she was in a simple white strapless top and while slacks and some sandles. Hair in a pony as it was on the BET Awards. What came next was unexpected on my part. I enjoy her, especially seeing as upon inspection, I have ALL of her CD's, lol but I can't say I was a...fan. As a matter of fact, this is the first female headlined concert I've ever been too in all my concerting. I don't do women.....

Well I LOVED THIS SHOW! Now I wasn't jumping up and down, but she was in rare form. She was humble, personable and her voice sounded good! She was on key (CLAY, lol) and she was doing her thang.

You know alot of artists got 'issues' and they alot of times tell us their story through their music - think "Damita Jo", but as I listened to her and this concert - I gained some respect for Mary and her journey cause her music pretty much is her journey. It was like listening to her songs - all of a sudden I....got it. I mean if you are on any kind of journey and have yourself come to a breakthrough - then you would....get it. Alot of sistas in the spot were mesmerized and just rocking back and forth - living their journey, feeling her voice (which even off key is hauntingly painful) and going there.

CAUN has a dazed look in his eye. He was so enjoying himself and as I sat there - I just loved him more and more because to see him happy and peaceful made me happy and peaceful. I mean to give to a person who is used to only giving and never receiving and to see them soak in the blessing of....gift, is just nice. It makes my heart feel good.

Now Mary's show was just not long enough! We were out of the park by 9:40 or so and then the adventure started. Chastain is a pain in the ass with that parking! We had parked in a bowl and of course some idiots corked up the bowl with their cars so all of us were just trapped in the damn bowl until they showed up and then figured out how to get the hell out themselves. I am sooo tired of Chastian Park! Yet I love it!

So it was another beautiful evening under the stars with the man I love - you know as part of my 'dream' I really wanted to do things, to be outdoors, to stop running into the man who wanted to 'date' on the couch. CAUN is such a free spirit - that he and I are eager to do so many things. I mean when you get my age - your range of motion opens up a bit more and you wanna do things and lo and behold - I was given a man who wants to do things as well.

I give the concert a A and the evening an A+

 
posted by Pamalicious at 8:53 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: