Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Brainwaves 9-12-06

Hut One - Hut Two




Alrightyy then - CAUN has put on his Jersey and propped his behind in front of the TV and joined the millions of American Men in a favorite past time.....football. Now I knew He enjoyed sports but I think a combination of him no longer needing to work 12 jobs and being relaxed has allowed him to really participate this year. He stayed up quite late last evening watching and verbalizing a couple of games. At first I was feeling out of sorts because usually he spends time with me - but last night he came in dropped his bag and went straight to the game. WHOA!! I know the 'rules of engagement' when it comes to that kinda stuff - so I waited moseyed around and when a commercial came on I pounced, lol Then I went on off and did my own thing for the rest of the evening. Ummm - how long is this football stuff? LOL LOL

Funny my mom said that I was glowing so much I was tranlucent - When I look in the mirror, I see it. When I look in the mirror - it's as if I see all the roads leading up to here. I see the people, places, events and things. I feel the emotions. It's as if my entire world is spinning behind my eyes. Though work on self is ever necessary, I feel like I am at a place where I am tweeking and not doing the ground work.

There is sooo much argument about the validity of whether having a mate enhances your life - especially when it comes to blackmen and women. Most women gawk at the sheer notion that a man can change their outlook, disposition and mental. Yet we comment sarcastically with such things as "She all dressed up now she got a man" "she sure is in a better mood" "whatever he doing, he needs to keep doing it"

I know that the Sun has rose over my life and it came in the person of CAUN. My life was full, it was in a good place before him, but now it's complete because of him. I'm not ashamed to say that or acknowledge that. The man has brought so much happiness and more importantly peace of mind to my life. I think that's what it is. You go about your life, your day, your trials and your blessings - but there is this nagging feeling that you can't place your finger on. Then when you get with someone who is for and about you - there is this restful feeling that washes over you. I go to bed at night and I'm at peace, I sleep good and hard. It's a great feeling.

I was contemplating, like a fool, the possibility that noone would want to hear about happiness, joy, peace. I mean we are a community of crabs and if it ain't on the verge of disaster - we sometimes ain't trying to hear it. My life is frankly boring right about now - which was one of the reasons I haven't been doing alot of writing. However, it makes such good balance in the world. Truth be told, most of the people I know are drama free as well. Now of course you can't be totally drama free as long as you interact with other people, but you can clear your own plate so that you have plenty of room for others bullshit. That's how me and my friends roll.

Tomorrow - I think I'll talk about friendships and the evolution of.
 
posted by Pamalicious at 9:12 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 4:53 PM, September 12, 2006, Blogger Enigma

    To me, a mate will enrich your life. Not complete, and on occassion will make it more difficult, but enrich definitely. You grow and get to watch and encourage someone else to do the same. I hope that you and CAUN are happy beyond belief. Watching your journey helps me believe that one day I will (happily!) do the same.

     
  • At 4:06 PM, September 13, 2006, Blogger Aziza

    Please keep blogging about your happiness and newfound love. I like reading about situtions where things are working out and going well. It really gives the rest of us ladies in waiting something to hope for.