Wednesday, December 27, 2006
Mindspace 12/27/06

The Year In Review



HAPPY KWANZAA!
Today Is:

Kujichagulia (Self-Determination)
To define ourselves, name ourselves, create for ourselves and speak for ourselves.


Well people it's that time of year. Can you believe it we only have 4 more days of 2006?! Where did the year go?! I hope that it was in the ballpark of what you wanted it to be.

Today marks the beginning of my last three post of 2006. I wanted to spend this time in reflection and just recapping the year that was....2006.

Calendar Of My Year


So many things have happened it will be impossible to just sit here and list them all -

January

Began School to complete my Bachelors Degree in Organizational Management
Met....CAUN

February

Traveled to Baltimore on the train to attend Saviours Day with my family
PLICIOUS 1 year blog anniversary

March
Apparently this was the blackhole month, lol I am drawing a complete Blank!

April

Mini-me breaks her knee in three places doing the limbo at the Dogwood Festival in Piedmont Park

May

A most fabulous Mothers Day!

June

Turned 40 and had a FABULOUS Birthday Party at the Atrium in Decatur
Beginning of THE ADVENTURES
Accepted a most beloved marriage proposal

July

4th of July Fiasco where the rain beat the fireworks
Traveled to Florida for the Highschool get together - my first and last
2 1/2 baths Finally! Moved into my new home


August

The Birth of RM child of "Janet"

September

Housewarming and Engagement Party

October

Mini-Me turned an official teenager
Hyundai turned into a Durango

November

BTW Highschool Class of 84 celebrating Homecoming!
First Thanksgiving in our new home

December

Office Bridal Shower
Road Trip up the Northeastern Seaboard
Received 3 Exceeds Expectations on review
Bringing in the New Year Downtown with CAUN and the Peach
Ending year with a 3.15 GPA

All in all this has been the year of the UPGRADE. I went from a:


B.O.B. to a CAUN
Cold Water Flat to a Subdivision
Hyundai to Durango
Fantastic to Fabulous
Emancipation to Adventure
Associates to Bachelors


This has been one of the best years of my life! I knew that 40 would be important to me, I just felt it. I have grown in ways I didn't know imaginable. I've reconciled ya'll don't know how much inside of me as well as I've moved on and let some things go. There is STILL work to be done, but I have seen noticable and impressive amounts of growth in Pamela this year and THAT IS A BLESSING! I've made some new friends, mourned the lost of some old ones and severed some toxic relationships. I've made peace (one step further) with my family and my family situation. I've become more verbally focused and organized. I've become ready for love....


Tomorrow we will revisit the Year of CAUN and STORMEKA (Ya'll know that's the one you have been waiting for anyway, lol).
 
posted by Pamalicious at 10:57 AM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 11:26 AM, December 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

    HEres to many more..thats quite the accomplishemnt...Good luck and congrats!!!!

     
  • At 9:14 AM, December 28, 2006, Blogger TTD

    2006 has been a busy year for you... glad it's been a blessing.. hope 2007 is even better!!

     
  • At 6:39 PM, December 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

    SMACK. In January, you met wonderful me... right before your first date with CAUN. In March, I ran away from my oppression in the form of Blogdaddy. lolol