Thursday, December 28, 2006
Mindspace 12/28/06

CAUN and Stormeka – Year in Review



HAPPY KWANZAA!
Today Is:
Ujima (Collective Work and Responsibility)
To build and maintain our community together and make our brother's and sister's problems our problems and to solve them together.


First I want to say CONGRATULATIONS to Superstar Nic on her engagement! A wonderful segue way into todays topic and definitely what will be the most fun for me.

On January 20th I stood at Phipps Plaza in Atlanta beside the poster of Queen Latifah waiting on my date. We had 'noted' briefly on Blackplanet and reconnected on Yahoo IM and as I saw him coming up the escalator 100 watt smile intact – I reminded myself, it’s just a date….On January 20, 2007 I am becoming this man’s wife. This year has been nothing less than a bonafide Love Affair/Story.

We were talking about our year decided it would be fun to recap some of our best moments. This is the type of blog entry that can go on forever and be edited. So today it will start with 10 (in no particular order) and who knows by tonite it might be 20, lol So let’s begin!

The Best of CAUN and Stormeka


  • The Devil Phone – the first night Caun stayed over around 3:30-4:00 am his phone started to vibrate. I thought nothing of it since I knew he had peeps in Cali, but this continued on for awhile and I started to get agitated. Finally I sat straight up and bellowed “ANSWER THE DAMN PHONE BEFORE SHE RUNS ME CRAZY!” He calmly got up looked at me as if I had grown two heads and said “That’s my alarm. I have it set to go off so I can go to the gym before work.” He cut it off and laid back down, I had to stay up and put my face back together. We still use that phone but it has been labeled the Devil Phone by me – cause I am NOT an alarm person


  • Playa Playa – The fun continues, he wanted to take a bath so I got out my guest towels and what not and gave him some Suave Soap for men. Nothing wrong right? Wrong! The soap was leftover from when my brother and brother in law was in town so it was used. He will never let me forget this because he said that was such a playa move giving a man a used bottle of soap.


  • What’s in a name? - La’s Finest was his first name. I couldn’t think of anything else to refer to him on the blog. As we got closer, he was telling me this story about his past and I called him a CAUN (which actually is an acronym) and it stuck. Now he calls himself that as well, but along the course of this relationship we’ve morphed and adopted official names for each other. We were in search of a last name and a viewing of Xmen provided that so our names are officially:

    Stormeka Heatmizer Mariah Beyonce Magnego
    &
    CAUN David Ruffin Ralph Tresvant Magnegro from the Leon Tribe


  • Catch Phrases & Improvisation– we are huge pop culture affectionado’s and we enjoy watching, experiencing and netting about it. We’ve adopted some signature lines and moves in our lives that we use on the regular conversation. A couple of our favorites: Nooooo Nigga Nooooo, Watch yo conduct Nigga, Ain’t Nobody Coming to see you Otis! My office hours are, acting out the scene in Sugar Hill when their father died, acting out David Ruffin in the Temptations movie. What fun!


  • The IM’s – a couple of IM’s I’ve saved:

    CAUN: I thoroughly enjoy being with you. I love your wit, your mannerism, your aura, your outlook, your attitude, your boldness, your defying odds, your ways, your ignorance as well as your intelligence.(We all have a little ignorance in us.) All of you I am finding very enjoyable. Going through your CD's, slow dancing to a song from way back, laughing together over Martin reruns, watching VH1 asking where are they now, doing nothing but being 14 and 16 and our parents ain't home. It is a feeling I have to say I have not had. First I thought I was in love before but I really was in denial. Now I can say I am in love and it is a great feeling.

    CAUN: I Love You Pamela. I love you deeply, truly, dearly, emotionally, physically and soulfully. Loving you is my lifetime dream come true. Thank you for sharing your world with me.


  • On Bended Knee – when we got engaged, Caun said that whenever he has to put the ring on my finger, he would get on bended knee and to this day the few times I’ve taken it off for some reason, he gets on one knee and puts it on my finger again


  • Happy Valentines Day – I got a call from the front desk that I had a guest. I couldn’t imagine who it was but it was Caun. He had come up and had a rose and a card for me. Our relationship was relatively new but he was the first man to ever show up at my job for Valentines Day! I opened the card and it said You and Me and when you opened it up it said two words: IT’S ON! And Lawd Have Mercy it has been ever since!


  • Entertainment Yearly – Caun and I have been to more concerts and movies and events this year than I have ever been to in the span of 365 days. We have seen in concert: Prince at midnite at the Tabernacle, R Kelly at the Fox and New Edition and Mary J at Chastain. We also have taken advantage of box seats and seen about three basketball games and an arena football game and this year we have seen every first run big movie rounding out the year with Pursuit of Happyness and Dream Girls. We already have tickets to see Justin Timberlake next year!


  • Koolaid! – I won’t go into a lot of detail about this but ladies it would behoove you to keep some liquid sweet and low in your pantry (wicked wicked laugh)


  • The Third Date – He came over to watch a movie and I had an entire spread laid out with cheese, fruit, crackers, Welch’s non-alcoholic wine and other goodies. We had a wonderful evening and it is the official beginning of this love affair of ours.

 
posted by Pamalicious at 10:44 AM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 1:03 PM, December 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

    I LOVE READING ABOUT YALL...you help me keep hope alive. Its cool that your love affair is just that. I love it!

     
  • At 2:13 PM, December 28, 2006, Blogger Enigma

    OK. Between you and SuperstarNic... I tell you both of you are such beautiful and strong women... you deserve your happiness. Thank you for keeping my hope ALIVE. I love reading about the love shared and gained in blogland.

     
  • At 1:33 AM, December 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

    i am so happy for u.. oh how i wish that someone will walk upto me and get roses and a card for me when i am in office.. god bless u guys..

     
  • At 10:05 AM, December 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!