Thursday, February 01, 2007
Mindspace 2/1/07

Chimney Sweep




Ok this morning has been a TRIP! First, just cold rain not blizzard people! I can't believe Delta cancelled 200 flights on the notion there MIGHT be a storm. Sure there was ice in the Northern parts of Georgia but um I really would like to know when Atlanta will stop going into a tizzy about the weather. Then I wake up late and take mini-me to school and she was having some kinda clothes crisis. God forbid one of the three outfits she thinks is hot is not clean. Then I go get me some cereal - come back to my desk and NAKED BROTHERS are floating across my screen as my screen saver! Apparently there was a malfunction with the slide program and the show I had saved (from home) for Dripping Chocolate had made it’s way to the J-O-B Lawd! Nobody saw it, but I'm like oh my dayum!!! I shut the entire program down and put up the micros oft logo as my new screen saver until further notice!

However, it started last night with...the calendar. Since 1996 I have kept a monthly calendar on the Fridge. I make it to keep up with bills due and stuff going on and birthdays etc. Well I made the one for this month and then left the folder out on the desk open. One of the things I also kept track of on this was my intimate life. I would just make xoxo's and initials of the partner. As a single woman, I was always conscious of this kinda stuff. Well guess who ran across the calendars and in particular the MOBETTA years and there were things like xoxoxoxKL8!! (which means 8 times at that instance. So I come upstairs and he's like "Um, I'm scared of you" and I'm like wha...and he's like "That mobetta nigga was some kinda machine eh" I turned SO RED in the face. I am not ashamed and have no qualms about anything I've done in my life cause it is what it is - but you talking about being embarassed, lol lol lol We got a good laugh and of course now he's on some kinda mission tsk tsk tsk (my back hurts) - but I was like alrightty then. CAUN is one of the coolest brothers I know but I spent some time last night - putting up even more stuff, lol. Hard resetting my old palm etc. etc.

It gave me good fodder for this morning though, lol. When you are young and begin seriously dating or even cohabitating for the most part (cause times have changed and some folks got whole encyclopedias of history at their disposal) you are not bringing but so much personal history to the table. Once you hit 30 it gets a bit more complex and when you reach 40 – mannn, you’ll never totally clean out the chimney and occasionally shit will just fall out, lol lol

CAUN and I didn’t make a big deal about things such as Ex’s and previous lives. Right off the bat I knew that one of them would be in our lives forever because he has a child with her. He knew that I have this penchant for keeping a stable of guys laying around because I get along with them better than females at times. Having been on the net just living life as long as I have, you acquire folks who stick around.

I am about honest disclosure. You don’t have to give full disclosure, but be honest and real with that which you do tell. So I was very forthright about the folks that I know and that we chit chat sometimes daily. My IM list is open for observation, my email is open for observation and my phone calls are made for observation. CAUN has a couple of females he’s known on various levels that he speaks to as well. He operates on the same principle as me so we have no issues in that area. I am, however, a cataloger and those type of things I lose track of.

For instance, during my last bout of online dating (and most of them) I used to develop a spreadsheet to keep track, lol. As well as print out ads etc. and comment as I plowed through them. The other day I found that folder – the good thing was I also found CAUNS ad and what I had scribbled on that which I’ll never be able to live down, lol He wants to frame that,lol

I think as time goes on, I’ll probably run across other things that will catch me off guard. CAUN entered into my space and moved into my sphere – so who knows what lurks in a bottom drawer somewhere. I’m sure CAUN got a few surprises up his sleeve as well. That’s just life – if you’ve lived any.

I think what bests sums it up for me about my own past as I embark on this wonderful future is that no matter what went down and how many times it went down and how many xoxox a person got on the calendar – CAUN got the biggest, heaviest, baddest balls of them all because HE MADE ME HIS WIFE!!
 
posted by Pamalicious at 10:59 AM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 1:40 PM, February 01, 2007, Blogger Aziza

    I think all newlyweds and those folks getting ready to get married should have a paper shredder on their wedding registries. *lol*

    I always wondered why old folks down south used to have bonfires going. *Eureka* They were burning their old phone numbers and contact information. *lol*

     
  • At 2:40 PM, February 01, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous

    I still have so much old stuff lying around - old diaries, letters, photos (not indecent ones (although ... hmmm...)), etc. - but my DH is not interested in that stuff. The strongest part of our marriage is our fidelity and loyalty to one another, so, for the most part, he is like, "What's done is done" - and so am I. Those blasts from the past are always a trip when they appear out of nowhere, though!

     
  • At 3:41 PM, February 01, 2007, Blogger Ladynay

    I love the openess you guys have.

     
  • At 5:47 PM, January 24, 2012, Anonymous Josiah

    In my opinion one and all should browse on this.
    map of Antarctica | employment letter | club dress