Sunday, January 28, 2007
Mindspace 1/28/07

A BREAKUP and DIVORCE!



You know what? Sometimes you think that it's right for you, but in actuality you are settling and you are being afraid to want more. You go for comfortable instead of what you really need and what you actually want.

While in Vegas, I discovered the magnitude of the above statement and so Friday...it was OVA!

I turned in THIS:





For THIS:





(Ha! I know ya'll didn't think this had anything to do with CAUN - HELL TO THE NAW!)


I was a loyal Metro PCS Customer. The ability to talk till I was blue in the face was right on target for me. So what I couldn't talk out of town - I wasn't going anywhere. Well that wasn't and isn't the truth. While in Vegas, I had to rely exclusively on CAUN and MINI-ME to communicate with folks that were in town and anything else. Ya'll I was sooo fustrated!

If we wern't together, then I was just ass out and not to mention Mini-me was acting like I asked her to move into my bedroom or something. This heifer would look at the phone say "Hmm don't know that number" and not answer it! Lawd Help me through the teenage years!

So CAUN said that I was going global - pick something. Well I have had a palm for a number of years. Like the technology, so I went with Cingular (because Janet is on - and that's my main talk buddy) and the Treo 680. LOVE IT! I love fiddling around with new stuff anyhoo so I got the phone Friday - it charged the 12 hours and as of today:

**Synched my addy book from my palm to the phone then edited heavily because I didn't need all that crap (example: all the numbers from the dudes I used to know, lol).

**Set all of my setting to my specifications

**Joined two support groups online: Everythingtreo and treofreeware.

**Downloaded a program to make ringtones for the Treo and edited and placed "Fake My Way to the top" from the dreamgirls soundtrack as my ringtone.

**Had CAUN record his voice and placed it s his ringtone

**Set up my favorites and speed dial

**Added the additional programs that came with the phone and downloaded an excel spreadsheet where I keep my budget

**Added birthdays, holidays, important dates to my calendar

**Set up but didn't initialize the program to get my work email.

**Went to ebay and ordered me an accessory kit

**Went to ebay and orderd me 'skins' for the phone to give it some pizzazz


**Added an SD card and downloaded pictures and additional music used a wedding picture as my wallpaper.

**Talked till I was blue in the face to Janet a fellow cingular customer

**Closed out the Metro and will be placed it on Ebay.

**Hard reset my Zire 72 (which came with a camera) to give it to CAUN.

So now I'm bored with the whole thing, lol lol Mini-me got a new phone as well and apparently this has moved her into the top spot in teendom (at least until Friday when she has another breakdown, lol)

Well this is the launch of returning to blogging - see ya'll tomorrow!
 
posted by Pamalicious at 8:27 PM | Permalink |


1 Comments: