Monday, July 03, 2006
Brainwaves 7/3/06

It Ain't Even the Forth Yet!



Fireworks been going off up in this piece and the forth is tomorrow. We've just been having a good time! I've been off since Thursday and have been enjoying every second of it and the fact I don't go back till Wednesday - is great!!

Up, Up and Away! Went Old School and went to the Drive In to see it on Saturday. Now that was fun!

I think that ole boy did a good job - because like probably others I came ready to rail on him in light of Superman only being Christopher Reeves to me.

It was hella slow in parts and offered up some great jokes that had the two cars on either side of us cracking up. So I enjoyed it.

I thought that the advancement in technology concerning his flying was beautiful. It was almost like a ballet. His cape rippling in the wind and the way he was levitated all the time.

I'm not a comic book collector and/or reader - so i'm not sure and don't care how close to his 'story' the movie was. I won't say anything about the MAIN bomb dropped in that movie as to not give it away to anyone else.

The scenes where he had to be 'Superman' were cool - the Clark Kent scenes were tedious. Lois Lane is ALWAYS such an ass and Lex Luther was perfect. kevin Spacey was the man for that role - not to old either.

I don't know, however, if I really want my superheroes with so many 'human' flaws. I like my super heroes to be wayyyy beyond what we got going on. In the Prequel to Batman they gave him all this 'human tendacy' and 'life' and though good - i don't wanna relate with my super heroes, lol lol

All in all I give it a B, because the cinematography was beautiful and dude didn't make me hiss he wasn't Christopher Reeves.

Guess who showed up to visit. ATLNEWBIAN (this young sista I met through the previous blog and we became fast friends - I have imparted alot of my wisdom to her - she moved to the Carolinas to try to do better for herself and it's working and I'm happy for her). Her and the little one were in town and of course Mini-me and I went up to see her. We did a couple of things and just enjoyed seeing each other. I'm still a bit 'mad' that she didn't have the support she needed to make it here - but the move was good and it was good seeing her - with her eyebrows all arched, lol lol

CAUN has also been off and our sugary sweet love story continues. We've been hanging out and vibing on so many levels, I really sometimes wanna pinch myself. Over and over and over I fall in love with this man as multiple la petite morts have left me spent and dazed - I look in the mirror and I see myself tanned, glowing, happy and I can do nothing but smile. I was thinking about how we've been so conditioned for shit to go to the left - that it's really hard to just say, "ok, why don't I just live in the moment and not anticipate bs" tsk tsk tsk.

Not to say we don't have our share. It amazes me the capacity of some black women to decide that hell is better than peace. That being vindictive and hurtful is better than accepting the truth. To spend so much energy trying to destroy someone else just so you can have the satisfaction of saying you did, is bizarre at best. Envy, Jealousy and Regret are powerful emotions. I'm just going to continue to be who I am and conduct myself as the civilized one - Honey all he did was finally place a clean glass next - to - a - dirty - one..

I've actually not been feeling well this evening - but I just had to come and write. My blog is getting off to a slow start but that's okay - it's here and that's what matters. I've also started back writing in my written journal. There are some things happening that I needed to start relaying to myself. You all will find out soon enough (smile).

To top my day off - Momma CAUN sent me a gift. A handbag that she herself made. Now you talking about special!! Tomorrow I need to take some pictures so I can show ya'll....

We're parading and Centinnal Fireworks Parking tomorrow - so that should be fun. We tried to make it a party of five - but as I said - we do have our BS, so it will be the three of us - I'll check in tomorrow with the details!

CAUN wants to cuddle so let me go :)
 
posted by Pamalicious at 8:55 PM | Permalink |


1 Comments: