Monday, November 06, 2006
Brainwaves 10/6/06

Monday Musings



Groannnn - Achoooo - Sniffle - Sniffle - Robutussin/Nyquil/Ben Gay - WHAT A WEEKEND! I went from 16 years old to 40 years old in one fell swoop but it was well worth it. Homecoming weekend was a huge success and I have partied my behind off. From the pep rally to the game to sitting round JR Crickets on Cascase - it was all on point. I have had a very hard time coming back to the here and now.


As part of the weekend, I took CAUN back to alot of my old stomping grounds from my Elementary School over to where I grew up at (which was several places off Fair Street like alot of black folks back then) It was special to me to be able to share some of the places and moments that have made me who I am. It also was nice for him to see yet another side to me and my personality.

The best part was the fact that mini-me got an opportunity to add some 'humaness' to the title of mother. Folks were speaking around her about who I was then (even if some of it was exagerrated, lol) and it was a rare opportunity for her to see that you can beat to your own drummer, make your own rules and still - be - respected and popular.

Now Sunday - I was TOE BACK! (that's torn back folks). I couldn't move, breathe or anything. I kept it going until like 1pm and then I just collapsed, lol stayed in the bed ALL DAY. Because if I hadn't I'd be even more messed up today than I already am.

WHEW a good time was had by all!

Wedding Update: Actual Trip Booked!! I's getting married ya'll. Nothing else to report - just crusing right now and regrouping the list so that I can see what needs to be done..next. Both CAUN and I are eagerly anticipating this 'expense' being over - as shoppers - we are sorely missing going to the mall!!

I see a broke week on the horizon but not a necessarily hectic week. I should be getting in some EBAY items I bought this week and I begin my Literature Class tomorrow. I will be locked in the office this evening writing a paper - so life is status quo.

As I mentioned, this will be the only PRESENT TIME post I'm doing this week. Tomorrow officially begins "I DON'T WANT TO GROW UP' week. Get ready for some funny stuff people - some funny stuff!

Have a blessed week - don't let anyone steal your joy - don't decide you can't be joyous because of others - don't question the validity of your joy - and KEEP IT CRUNK!
 
posted by Pamalicious at 10:37 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At 4:05 PM, November 06, 2006, Blogger Ladynay

    Even tho' your sick you can still feel the crunkness in your posts! LOL

    Hope mini me don't use any of those stories against you later!

    After your married there will be plenty of time for shopping at the mall! ROFL

    What degree are you going for and where can I find that want an SO series?