Monday, October 30, 2006
Brainwaves 10/30/06

Monday Musings



What it be people! Ya'll know Monday's are a bit hectic for me, they gotta let me know how many bags of cotton I'm required to pick for the week and then I have to figure out how the hell I'm going to escape this time, lol,but here I am!

Hope folks had a good weekend. Hope everyone turned their clocks back and put some new batteries in their smoke detectors.


So I've been the mother of a teenager for a couple of days now and things are back to status quo - she's locked in her room and we're downstairs living life, lol It's all good though - Here is our official B'day picture we've been taking this shot since she was little - measuring her against me - well by next year I'll be peeking out from behind her obviously.

Proud of myself ya'll. I did get up on Saturday and walk the 3 miles in the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. CAUN and I did the walk and it was cool.

I also met up with my BTW crowd and hung out. I loves those folks! I loves my HS! but let me tell you - there is nothing more life affirming than Karoke in the hood, lol lol You talking about funny! There is soo much talent walking around on this planet! However, to see a late fifties man singing Young Joc "It's Going Down" and outdancing most of the young folks is priceless. Next weekend is homecoming and I got a full schedule, because I'm all up in it!

Wedding Update - invitations out the door, so now the fun begins!! Next Check deposit on my dress and purchasing of Mini-Me's dress for her Uncles wedding. Also beginning to look at bouquets etc. There's a fun project for me.

Yes I did watch the Flava Flav Reunion: I wonder if we could get a Fear Factor - Flava Flav edition? The whole lot of them are women I wouldn't even want to encounter in the bathroom - less known in my personal circle. Would you not die from self inflicted wounds if everytime you turned around Flavs erect penis was in the crack of your ass (DEELICIOUS)?! It really makes you think about how you are projecting yourself and it makes me more and more become a member of the I Don't Like Niggas Either society. Being snooty has it's place. See ya'll for the new show "I Love NY" LOL LOL LOL.

Something brewing on my mind that doesn't necessarily deserve full blog space:


Why does it seem like Black People are obsessed with sex and the pursuit of sex? I just really have been listening and looking lately and it seems like (real or perceived) that is ALL we have going on.

I know all about the 'stereotype' that we are these insatiable creatures - but you know from my minds eye - out of all the things we have been deprived of in this country - sex ain't one of them. We've always (for the most part) been able to get at it - so why does our music and movies and what not spend sooo much time on it.

It seems that for the keeblers it is a goal all the way through college, but then their movies etc. take on a different turn - but we got very grown men (for example the Ying Yang Twins) who spend wayy to much time on the pursuit of ass. We got a whole show (Flav Flav) about the pursuit of ass.

We almost use the internet exclusively (of course this is a stretch) in the pursuit of, revealment of and search for....ass, lol

WHY ARE OUR LOINS SO ON FIRE!?
 
posted by Pamalicious at 12:03 PM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At 12:33 PM, October 30, 2006, Blogger Enigma

    About that pursuit of butt, the thing is they are in their late 30's early 40's and STILL only pursue butt. Two Words - Grow Up.
    Glad to hear about your contiuned good news!

     
  • At 1:14 PM, October 30, 2006, Blogger Aziza

    The powers that be want us to stay concentrated on getting some tail so that we won't set our sights on on issues that relate to family stability/unity/cohesiveness, mental stability, education, health care, voting rights, jobs, wealth, etc.

     
  • At 1:58 PM, October 30, 2006, Blogger Mr.Slish

    Thats a great observation. I guess in a way its probably the only thing we own and we believe it makes us more interesting to the white folks..Example in every movie there is always some black dude teaching some white guy how to be cool.Or some Black woman teaching a white woman how to be sexy. Sex seems to be the only way we can communicate its sad but true...I hate NIGGAS TOO DAMMIT!!!lol

     
  • At 2:38 PM, October 30, 2006, Blogger Orlando

    I don't think we as black people are really any more obsessed with getting the booty than anyone else.
    I think though our culture pushes us to be more out in the open about it. Perhaps that's one of the reasons we have this stereotype of us black males being so well endowed (compared to our white & Asian brothers) lol
    Just look at our music. Especially todays Rap music but also our classic R&B that I love to listen to. (Terry Pendergrass "I'll wash your body if you wash mine")
    I think other cultures listen and look at us and just assume that we are freakier. Behind closes doors I doubt if there is little difference.
    An Indian friend of mine tells me that Indian women generally tend to be quiet, shy and reserved in public, but turn out the lights and they will wear your ass out !
    Ummmmmmm sounds interesting lol
    And I know white women can think up freaky shit we haven't even began to think about.. ala TOSSING SALAD....

     
  • At 3:29 PM, October 30, 2006, Blogger Ladynay

    It's not just "us" its every race that out to get some booty. The internet just makes it that much easier...

    Why the entertainment spend so much time and energy on sex? Because it sells! LOL

    Nice pix btw!

     
  • At 7:39 PM, October 31, 2006, Blogger sj-the-infamous

    Flava of Love?!?! I really have no words for that spectacle. I've been horrified from the beginning, however!

    You and Mini-Me are beautiful, btw :)