Tuesday, November 21, 2006
Brainwaves 11/30/06
My Hollyicious Moment

Happy Tuesday! With this being a holiday week, I wanted to keep this spot light and airy. Nothing heavy but the food! As I mentioned before, I need a new outlet to express all things entertainment. The most logical place is right here in my own space. However, the classification of this blog is "personal" so I don't want to lose it's integrity by making every day gimmicky, lol

However, starting next week Fandango Friday will have an added "My Hollyicious Moment" - I won't insult your intelligence by doing a whole bunch of copying and pasting of stuff we all read (besides who got time for all of that). This will just be me mouthing off about stuff going on in the entertainment business, be it radio, tv, literature, celebrity, etc. etc.

Let us start out first by identifying and paying respect to some of my sources, which I affectionally call my rag sheets!

CRUNK AND DISORDERLY
CONCRETE LOOP
A HOT MESS
VIBE CONFIDENTIAL
YOUNG BLACK FABULOUS
TMZ
PEREZ HILTON
CAKE AND ICECREAM
ROCKA CANDY
POP CANDY
BLACK VOICES
just to name a few - check them out!



  • My Thoughts on Michael Richards: Well in all honesty the first thing that came to my mind was actually from one of his fellow comedians.."I don't like niggas either"(Chris Rock). I mean it always amazes folks when it comes up because we swear up and down that they no longer use it. Black comedians can yell nigga from the audience and pick on white folks all the time - so......now he did stink and obviously he isn't a good comedian because he let hecklers get to him....but he's a blip on the big screen of life. What was negroes going to see his
    comedy act for anyway, lol He's an actor - his funniness was written for him as part of a script. He just mad cause he is NOT funny and Cleutus nem pointed that out. I was way more concerned with the other folks who were laughing. I see alot of Thanksgiving convo across America where stories are being told and the word nigga being the highlight from all folks. It's one of those it ain't right but it's okay moments. I'm guilty of heckling white folks, lol


  • I think that it is in poor taste to continue to run Jennifer Lopez over the coals Diddy and Kim. It's over - don't you love how folks in hindsight got all these complaints about someone. For whatever reason he was with her - he was with her and to try to sully her name as if she's left over fabric from your doggy collection just ain't cool. She's married now (something Kim cant' say) and going on with her life.


  • I really need GIRLFRIENDS to start doing better! They have definately 'jumped the shark' by not negotiating with Toni a little more. I understand (believe you me) that she ain't all that special, but the show is drowing without her. I like Monica she's a hoot, but she ain't Toni. The other ladies are stagnate to say the least. Why was I thinking of Jill Scott and her feelings about William and Joan all last night. They recycling stories! I think it's time to start wrapping it up. Another one bites the dust


  • I am a fan of Mariah Carey - I really am, but I am really starting to not feel the fact that she finds the necessity to dress like a skank at all times. Do they make those tight tube dresses just for her!? DAYUM! She wore one of those numbers to pick up an award from CHILDREN! Mariah - you know you were the catalyst for my blog journey - but I'mma have to find me someone with some clothes on to emulate.


  • BET Hip Hop Awards - I've had to use two boxes to relieve myself of the itching. BET please STOP! Best Part of the whole show was Katt.


  • All kinds of different stories about exactly what happen to Mike at the World Music Awards from he just couldn't do it to they shut his Mike off. Um, I'm not sure what happened and I guess we here in the states won't ever see it - but I miss him still. He'll be back


  • I had just come aboard the Diddy Train when now Jay-Z is rollin in several layers of fine fabulousness! Queue "Torn"


  • Not quite sure what happened to Michael Baisden - but I like Monique in the Afternoon. A female voice is much needed in that industry and I hope that she stays around - I was never a fan of Mike on the radio but I did like and do own all of his novels, lol


  • America's Next Top Model - lawd these girls are now at the destination portion of the show and still complaining, whining and just not up to par. Cancel them all together. I heard that Tyra was going to do a 'healthy' version of the show - Ahh get ready for a size FIVE, lol


  • What OJ Simpson can do to you if you get too close!


  • Is it wrong for me a be a bit jealous that my wedding is not getting as much coverage as Tomkat? Ok, it's not getting any coverage, lol


  • ABC is looking for your Hip Hop Family

    ABC TELEVISION SEEKS HIP HOP FAMILIES!!
    Casting Directors for ABC TV are conducting a national search for outgoing families (moms, dads and kids between the ages of 5 and 18) for Season 3 of Wife Swap.

    · Do you or all of your family members live a hip hop lifestyle?
    · Do you embody the hip hop style in everything from your music and wardrobe to your career choice?
    · Is freedom of expression important to you and your children?
    · Could you teach another family a thing or two about the hip hop culture??

    We are looking for you!!!!

    To apply or to get more information contact ABC today:
    212-404-1439
    Rachel.Hertz@rdfusa.com

    FEATURED FAMILIES RECEIVE A $20,000 HONORARIUM
    BE SURE TO MENTION CONCRETELOOP.COM


    Where is my Kangol?
 
posted by Pamalicious at 11:11 AM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 3:33 PM, November 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

    I can't wait to hear about your wedding and make sure you take plenty of pics. That is my one true wish in life is to get married. Michael Richards SUCKS!!!

     
  • At 4:15 PM, November 21, 2006, Blogger Ladynay

    Was that irritated back part of your BET itch? LOL

    Monique has been working that talk show you hear me? Mr. Baysden just started coming on here about a month before Monique stepped in. Yesterday was about religion and for it to be such a hot topic she handled it well!

    Did you hear the show about big girls???? Girl I wanted to call and get threw so bad! LOL

     
  • At 11:25 AM, November 22, 2006, Blogger Pamalicious

    @Lady J - thanks you know this page will be full of it, lol

    @ladynay - gurl that's the rash I broke out in watching that BET mess, lol Monique be bringing it. She sound soothing like somebody grammy, lol I think Michael is back on in some markets HISSS BOOOO