Monday, February 05, 2007
Mindspace 2/5/07

Monday Musings



HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM AND SHUMPTIE!! Ok, what it is good people?! Wanted to start off with those Birthday wishes. My mom and her first Grandchild were born on the same day, lol I still think she planned that, lol You know at some point your parents get to that age where you start to run out of things to get them. I mean, I'm a birthday person so I always get my mom really fly stuff. Well this year - I got her a cellphone and will be paying for it. She is beside herself. I sat and preprogrammed it and then developed a Power Point Presentation that walked her through the only things she needs to be concerned with. She greatly appreciated that. Apparently CAUN wrote her a letter that had her in tears most of the morning. I didn't see it, but she is LOVING her only son-in-law.

Good weekend - jumbled mindscape this morning:



  • Went to Usher's restaurant in the Highlands "Grape" It's a wine/dine. Nice atmosphere and the two wines that I indulged in were great, though I enjoyed the white wine better. I really dug the atmosphere however, and will be making reservations for Valentines Day.


  • Funny, Valentines Day is a bone of contention for alot of folks, so I won't be spending alot of time on it - though I feel kinda like, um ok I have a Valentine, must I suffer now


  • My next venture will be my personal upgrade. I need to start exploring and wearing a bit more makeup. When you have good skin, you tend to forget about it, but I'd like to start you know jazzing it up a bit. I have makeup, but I want to update and upgrade it a bit and then PUT IT ON. I want to begin a skin care routine in general. I also am starting to look at my wardrobe. At 40 there are just some things you should be doing and being well coiffed is one of them. I'm not a child anymore, but I'm not a fuddy duddy either. I expecially want to upgrade my weekend and casual wear. I want to stop wearing jeans and a shirt all the time. So I'll be getting on that as we approach spring. So this should be interesting.


  • Superbowl commercials I loved: The Snickers one where the men kiss and then do something manly and The Fritolay one where the multi-generational black family were looking at the significance of this superbowl..touching


  • Prince got OFF! Now that's a freaking halftime!! We stood up when he was done and definately need to find out if he's doing any touring this year


  • Wrapped up my taxes and an era. This was the last time I'd be filing (1) single/head of household and (2)in my maiden name (3) with the child care credit. I'll miss my money! Now I need to buy a house and pay my student loans to make it happen.


  • Finally decided on a honeymoon. We'll be sailing through Norweigian Cruise Lines through Cozumel, Guatamala, Belize and Mexico. NICEEE! I kinda felt like I ddn't want to do the Bahama route. Back awhile ago, friends I decided to stop ordering Daquiries every time we went out - learn something else to drink, it became so so 'negro' Strawberry Daquiri, lol Well I feel that way about Jamaica and the Bahamas - EVERYBODY go there first. So I wanted to do the Mexican Riveria route - try something else, learn something else. Can't wait!


  • If you are fan of bad straight to video black movies (like myself). Then check out Restraining Order with Robin Givens. It does nothing for her 'reputation' as a bitch, but it wasn't a bad movie.


  • Such a blessing! A Department in CAUN's company had a mini-wedding shower for him and purchased us the pots and corning ware sets I had on my registry! OH YEA! New Pots! I can't wait to get home and look at them. I love Corning wear and had been meaning to go out to the outlet, however, I enjoy scouring the thirft for pieces and have some nice stuff. Now I have even more. Project this weekend - go through my pots., lol Time to liquidate


  • Made 1/2 of the money I spent on my step daughters unused flowergirl dress, So I'm alright with that. Ebay and I are such good friends, lol


  • I soo want to READ A BOOK FOR PLEASURE! why am I having such a hard time allotting time


  • Why does my bed put me right to freaking sleep. I used to be able to sit up and watch TV or read and even sit up and listen to the radio - no more. I sit on the bed and I AM SLEEP - old geezer I am



Well let me go to the Target. I've been working on this for an hour or so. We took a ghetto lunch on Friday and I had to hear it - so I have to lay low for a minute until I can do it again, lol
 
posted by Pamalicious at 11:56 AM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 2:09 PM, February 05, 2007, Blogger Ladynay

    You don't need to know what the letter said, that's between your man and your mother. LOL But I ain't gonna front if I was you I would wanna know what it said.

    I am so glad Prince did Purple Rain!

    Make sure your friend isn't scheduled to make an appearence during the cruise like she did the wedding!

     
  • At 3:48 PM, February 05, 2007, Blogger Pamalicious

    Gurl you KNOW you would wanna know,lol.

    Oh and you also KNOW I made sure of that mess-he would kill me, lol

     
  • At 7:49 PM, February 05, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous

    Favorite Superbowl Commercial: But he has an axe!

    I was crying! That one, and the one where the male strippers (including a 98 year old) strip and wash the car at the stop light, had me laughing. I dont know what they were advertising, but that was High-Larious!

     
  • At 8:09 PM, February 05, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous

    "Why does my bed put me right to freaking sleep" Hmm I wonder...you are supposed to do bed-type things in it (I couldn't say you are supposed to sleep in it, 'cause well, you'se married now ;) LOL)