Friday, March 09, 2007
Mindspace 3/9/07

Friday Fandango






HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOTHER CAUN!!



Fragmentations.............



  • Do you know where your very first boss is? I do. The brother was instrumental in teaching me the game and I'm forever grateful. NYC wouldn't have been the same for this country gal without him. I write him once a year. I wrote yesterday and he answered back. He actually lives in Philly. I have got to go see him - and yea I had a small crush on him. His swagger was on fire!

  • Shopping get behind thee! I am slowly coming down off the shopping high. I don't know what possessed me. I am not overspending or taxing myself or the household finances so bump it. CAUN certainly has been enjoying the shopping sprees, lol It's not that he doesn't make money or has the freedom to spend it - but it's more about the spirit with which we do things for ourselves and each other. If you have ever come from an environment where you were not able to reward yourself, then you understand.

  • Isn't it funny how your life is never balanced and thus you always know someone who has that missing piece of the puzzle you think you need? Crazy. In actuality - I am QUITE blessed and do have safety nets and do land on my feet and all of those things - I think that sometimes the road looks long - but I'm constantly moving forward on it - so I should sit down somewhere and I can sleep well at nite, so I know I need to sit down somewhere.

  • Is it wrong that I would rather travel and spend money than start saving for a house? I guess in some way I have been sooo responsible for so long and then doing it solo that for a little while I just want to keep afloat and enjoy for a minute. I think I told you ( I feel like lately I've been repeating myself,lol) that we are trying to go back to Vegas the third week of June and we are trying to coordinate a trip to Orlando with my brother from Texas. We are going to rent a house. I have 28 vacation days left after the cruise and I guess I'm bout to use them, lol I did tell you I am going to Savannah with friends. So I am going to try to loop this all together and go to Vegas that same week. So do Savannah come home, go to work that Monday and then go to Vegas that Tuesday-Thursday, lol lol Just acting a fool and it feels G-O-O-D!

  • we went on a family trip to upgrade our intimates. Folks was raggedy. I don't like a man in raggedy drawers so I keep up and make sure every season he gets all new stuff. Mini Me has moved into the 'real' and not Jrs. (SOB SOB) so I went ahead and got her summer underwear and socks I also got her her first pairs of 'control' (smile). One black and One white. Learn about foundation EARLY! It can be your friend. Then I just got me some socks, I had bought underwear earlier last month. I did get me three bras and I have happened upon the PERFECT one for me. Lawd this thing feel soo good! LOL So of course this morning I went on EBAY and found four more of the brand name in my size for $12!!! Scooped them up. I know that some folks are all about 'matching' but when you get into the plus size and support it's just too expensive. A matching set for me is like $42.00. Sorry but I'm not into it like that. I like pretty colors but dang! So $185 later, we left the freaking Walmart, lol lol Somebody give me the recipie for that crack they pump through the vents in there!

  • I have been quite generous to my mom lately, she has asked for a couple of things and I've just gotten them. I wonder if in 'our' old age, we've just softened. I wonder when the other shoe is going to drop..........

  • I am still in the 'fuck it' mode of mind in my life - but I've discovered that the attitude can be two sided. Previously it was tinged with anger and now it is tinged with peace and happiness.

  • I'm beginning to submit to the idea that maybe a woman whether knowingly or unknowingly can be a bit of a witch when she is bereft of a companion. I submit to it because I am looking at another side of...me. I have changed (I know I know Sistas are falling out in the streets, cause we know we don't like to admit stuff like this), The eyes I look out of now are not so beady with worry and fustration and...the past.

  • that man put on his wife beater and his new Rocawear shorts with those crisp white sneakers and I almost passed out! LOL LOL there is NOTHING like being attracted to your mate. I already know I'mma have to beat somebody down before it's all said and done, lol lol

  • CRUISE EXCITEMENT: we've decided to come into New Orleans that Saturday night instead of just driving there to get on the cruise on Sunday. We went on Expedia and booked The Hotel St. Pierre in the French Quarters. Parking cost are atrocious!! And they are adding a 'resort' fee and I understand they trying to make money but dang. The parking at the St. Pierre is free through Expedia. "Janet" already gave me the lowdown and we won't be venturing too far after night fall outside of heavy populated well lighted areas. She said that her family tells her crime is still rampant and black men are being stopped on the minute. I CAN'T wait for this trip! I am sooo freaking excited!

  • Mini-me, had a moment and put on CAUN's new sneakers. The look of glee on her face makes me well up. It makes me angry at all the Fathers who are ALIVE and not giving their babies that simple but needed pleasure and all the Mothers who are keeping their children from having that pleasure based on some bullshit (no I'm not talking to those who have genuine issues and concerns or feelings of danger from their childrens father).

  • I apologize to all my friends for not winning that $389 million. I tried! I don't know which is funner (is THAT a word?) actually winning or all the cool convo you have about how you would spend it, lol

  • CAUN mindspace lesson: I was complaining about some kids running rampant in the street and I said "back in the day you could do that but now" and he said, "Pam this is there back in the day" DAYUM! That was hella deep to me that I've moved into that space where my back in the day is my comfort zone for me but not necessarily reality of the day - meaning I'M GROWN NOW! DAYUM DAYUM DAYUM!

  • I want to ask ATLNEWBIAN is she the depository for every Forward this email known to man?!

  • I've worn the same hairstyle for a week - I know I know,lol


Hmmmmmm - glad I got that stuff off my chest! LOL

Ya'll have a good weekend! I might be back over the weekend, I've seen some great Meme's I want to cop.

In the meantime and in between time - let me leave you with the greatest invention! You know you want one don't front!





CRUISIN COOLERS
 
posted by Pamalicious at 10:27 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: