Friday, March 02, 2007
Mindspace 3/2/07

Friday Fandango



63 degrees and sunny. I can work with that for this Friday, March 2, 2007. It's been a horrible morning however, with death all over Georgia. There is nothing more funky than waking up to news of death, especially when it involves CHILDREN. First, the tornados whipped through here and then a bus carrying little leaguers flipped and 6 are dead and traffic is at a stand still. Keep these folks in your thoughts and prayers.


BLACK SNAKE MOAN hits theatres today and I bought our tickets yesterday, lol lol I'll definately let you know how this is.

Let's talk about American Idol.
Ok so everyone is gaa gaa over Lakeshia Jones. Well when we watch Idol, especially after this many seasons, we are still amazed that they just don't keep it real. Simon, however, hinted at some obvious this week and of course got boo'ed down but let me keep it real here. Ok, so Sis can Sang. Here is the unspoken rule about a sista like her. You either need to be unattractive and skinny, or heavy with the cutest face EVER! If neither of these fit you then you need to be ROCKING THE BEST ATTIRE/HAIR/MAKEUP EVER!!! Lakeshia is a nice sista, I'm sure - but she's overweight and not a looker. Soooo where does that leave this sista? Not as winner of American Idol. It ain't gonna work, the public is not gonna go for it. So she will move along but eventually - she will get kicked off because of the 'truths' I've stated above.

Melinda Doolittle actually has a better chance, because she was almost too damn good for American Idol. She tore "My Funny Valentine" UP! As well as, with some veneers and a little texture in her weave - she'll be in the top four. The thing that may push her over the top though is just what Simon said and you could see it in her face, she has not been spoiled by the fact she can sing. Maybe seeing the asses she's probably seen being a back ground singer - has helped her, but I really liked her spirit. Stepfanie Edwards - like her and like her hair! However, that Beyonceish (Randy's words not mine) performance would have done her in, if she hadn't of made it her own at the end. I see her being in the top four as well.

Notice I haven't mention any boys. Um, NEXT! The fact that Strange' is still in the competition amuses me to say the least.

So who do I see in the top four. I see Stepfanie, Melinda, Phil and.......Jordin (youth can surprise you). We'll see how it plays out.

and another reality about American Idol, that got London and Hudson and Grey kicked off. We sit on the couch and talk plenty shit but WE DON'T VOTE!! So at any moment one of the sistas can be G-O-N-E. So take this list with a grain of salt.

Moving right along to America's Next Top Model. I am so excited to discover what lace fronts and I'm not overweight drama Tyra is going to be transposing to the girls. I have not staked claim in either of the 'plus size' girls, except to say the sista is handling the 'truths' I mentioned above - her face was GLOWING with cuteness.
Of course, I'm intrigued by Jael and it was funny, once she said her momma was black - I looked back at the screen and she morphed from a "white girl channeling Pink" to "Rain Pryor", lol lol Right now if I had to say I had a favorite - it would have to be Jaslene Since I walk like I'm all that - I took to her last time and I'm glad she made it. She photographs great. Unfortunately, I already see Tyra about to begin her - 'you were over the top and now you're calm, cause I broke your spirit so now you must go after you cry for me two times' Tsk Tsk Tsk. That first photo shoot could have been powerful - if the girls were farther along. I dont' think Kathleen should have been kicked off. Actually, I think the girl who had been in the fashion shows and was a photographer should have for just being a fraud, lol lol Cause she should have known how to do the basics and her pictures were wack.

Tapping my feet to my latest musical interests. At the top of the list is Ruben Studdards "Make You Feel Beautiful" Oh my! This song is hot. It first dropped on Sirrius and this morning he sung it on Steve Harvey's show live and I"m even more in love with it. (Click the song title to take you to Amazon where you can hear a taste). Also I am Mrs. Goodbarring that sweetie Chris Brown and "Poppin" I need to work me out a routine for CAUN to that song - cause it's got a nice 'come and get it' beat going on, lol lol and yea I read the rags this morning and I hope it's not him and I'm erasing my Treo NOW, lol lol. I am also feeling Freddie Jackson "More than Friends" and Lionel Richie's "You Are" and as a throw back - I pulled out my Waiting to Exhale CD, I just wanted to hear some sistas.

Well that's about it for this Friday, Paper writing this weekend and underwear drawer liquidation. Ya'll have a good one!
 
posted by Pamalicious at 9:40 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 2:57 PM, March 02, 2007, Blogger Weekends Off

    "I walk like 'dis- all day every day!"

    God I loved that! It made her an instant favorite of mine. I remember her from the past season and I'm so glad she made it back. I do agree w/ ya on the photographer chick- she should have done better. I mean what with all her "experience" and all. (HA)
    K's mouth dropped when Jael said her momma was black- he said Her daddy took OVER on that one LOL. But id did kinda prove a point I was trying to make to him the night before when he said sh*t like that don't really happen.

    My heart hurts for those poor children, I'll be including them in my prayers tonight.

     
  • At 11:43 AM, March 05, 2007, Blogger Ms.Honey

    LOL...please we don't want to see no pics of you on a paying website LOL..keep that between you and the hubby LOL..sike let me stop.

    I heard about that horrible accident all we can do is keep those families in our prayers.