Friday, March 02, 2007
Academic Mindspace 3/2/07

Mini-me and the SAT's



Ya'll I am having a PROUD PARENT MOMENT! Awhile back I think I mentioned that mini-me was taking the SAT as part of the Duke University program. I was quite intrigued by it and wanted to see exactly how she would do. She pretty much came into this cold. They had a five week class through school, during school time - but that was about it.

Well the scores came today and I am soooo proud of her! She scored:

1020!




  • Critical Reading the range was 380-440 and she scored 410

  • Math the range was 200-240 and she scored 210

  • Writing the range was 360-440 and she scored 400


She scored 19% better than Seniors who took the test in 2006 for college entry.

Just an FYI - at 17 yrs old I scored 850! TSK TSK TSK SIGH! Well I did have the flu when I took it, lol (I know save the excuses for the man on death row eh?).

Again, I am quite proud of her. Our learning methods and what not might be a bit interesting, but I'm very glad that she is inhaling that scent called Education.

I'm sure the pressure to get her all geeked up into all these programs will start, however, I stick by that she is going to have a well rounded life. I am not one for all that pressure on a child in academics. She wants to dance, cheer and have a life and I am an advocate of that.

All I got to say is SCHOLARSHIPS HERE WE COME!!
 
posted by Pamalicious at 6:24 PM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At 8:06 AM, March 05, 2007, Blogger Ladynay

    I don't even remember my score back then! LOL

    That is FANTASTIC! I am so happy for the both of you. Hopefully if all goes well when it comes to college all you gonna have to pay is for some plates, bowls, and bed linen! LOL

     
  • At 11:39 AM, March 05, 2007, Blogger Ms.Honey

    WOW congrats to her!!! I got a 9 something and that was with some supposed help LOL

    It pays to start early :)

     
  • At 11:42 AM, March 05, 2007, Blogger Aziza

    Congrats on Mini's SAT score. Hopefully, it will lead her to being able to pick any college of her choice to attend on full scholarship. It's so good to hear positive things about our youth.

     
  • At 11:11 AM, March 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous

    That is FABULOUS!!!!

     
  • At 4:11 PM, March 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous

    Congratulations, MINI-ME!!