Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Mindspace 2/28/07

Bringing It Back Concert Style




Well I am sitting here yawning after a somewhat late night with Justin Timberlake and Pink. First, let me say that I am SOO SPOILED with the whole seats in the box thing. How civilized is that place? I love it. I will have a hard time coming back among the rest of ya'll when we concert again, lol

We got there in a timely fashion and after getting marguritas which actually wern't that bad. The stage was HUGE! Pink commanded it pretty well and then she popped off on some ole Circus Soliel stuff and starting spinning from ropes in the ceiling etc. That immediately brought up grains of hate that rimmed my drink seeing as she had that kinda upper body strength. We intend to definately have someone teach us that next, lol

Justin's show was great. Alot of money was spent on his stage show. There were lights and sliding stages and lasers and spinning aparatus' and these really cool screen props that allowed you to see him and additional video and light shows.


The stage outline was actually a functioning bar - so those people sat right at the stage and got their drink on and enjoyed the show. Atlanta being the Attention Whore that is is - certainly produced Clifford aka T.I. for his performance on Justins Song. He looked like curious george with this red knit hat on, lol lol He got down though.

There was a segment headed up by Timberland that had me about to ask for some estacy. It was quite the alternative mixing extravaganze that included imagery of Mike, Aaliyah, Missy, some new folks he's dealing with etc. etc. Also TIMBERLAND HASN'T LOST A POUND! He's the same size he's always been - he's just made that mess hard by working out. That is not cute people.


Justin was alot thinning than I imagined and what I liked about him was that he was presenting himself as your average joe keebler. He was respecting the game and the influences he had copped to get where he was at - but he was not mimicking them. He had on a suit and a hat, looked like an old school insurance salesmen from the 80's or something, lol lol He also took time to showcase his 'talent' on instruments. Played quite a bit of piano etc. He certainly had enough material between the two CD's to carry a show the show.

As I looked around that arena in my birds eye view - it became apparent to me that you really can't blame celebrity and their penchant to start to trip good or bad. To realize that every seat is filled with someone not only coming to see you but claiming to love you is overwelming. Especially when in the big scheme of things what you do is...entertainment. I am almost sure that most 'celebrities' sit sometimes on their toilets and just laugh laugh laugh at the luck of the draw. Amazing.

He sounded very good, he was dancing his ass off and it was a good concert. Here is a clip courtesy of Youtube of the concert, lol Gotta love em!





Because now I'm feeling all 'poppy' - I wanted to combine this with a Wayback Wednesday Moment and paste two of my favorite performances featuring him.





 
posted by Pamalicious at 12:00 PM | Permalink |


1 Comments: