Monday, April 30, 2007
Mindspace 4/30/07

Monday Musings



This is truly going to be a Monday' Musing, lol My mind is all over the place. This weekend was about downloading and dumping. These things usually revolve around a common theme in our household - BEING BROKE! LOL So we stayed home this weekend. We were all in this zombie like state. Caun did alot of sleeping and I just explored other areas of my mind through the written and visual world. Of course Mini-me stayed locked up in her room.

There were runs to Walmart a couple of times, just to get out the house. If you are the parent of a teenager, you know that they can cause tics in your body. I haven't felt this disconnected in awhile. I saw something that I just knew she's like and then Nah don't like it. grrrrrrr.......Heaven help me! Damn the strips of cloth folks pass off as clothing these days. My 13 year old will not have her butt glazed and showcased in 65% lycra, lifted and separated with a dimple in the back. NO SIR! She will not wear criss cross in the front tops that can't support a bra - she has no damn cleavage people! She will not teeter around on 3 inch cheap shoes. So we will both just bite the inside of our jaws till they are bleeding and until we come to some agreement.

It does bring a question to mind - if the 'purpose' of wearing a thong is to alleviate panty lines (1) why must I see your thong and (2) why must I see the triangle of your thong through your too tight pants!?

I spent some time watching Discovery Health Channel, alot this weekend. The human body and it's flaws and strengths is quite fascinating. I also devoted alot of time to watching sex changes and just the plight of the gay society. I saw an HBO special on Rosie O'Donnell and her all gay family cruise. I was more interested in it because the boat she was on is the one we will be cruising on next spring - but I took the time to speak with my daughter on different types of families and how we won't be spending alot of time - condemning another person, seeing as we are on a slippery slope to hell our damn selves. If we concentrate on what's happening at our place - I think we'll have a full time job.

I also got a chance to see Babel this weekend. What a good movie! The way they weaved five continents and four groups of people together all over one incident was quite good movie making! I also saw Simon Birch and cried like someone had died in my family. Lawd! I gotta leave that kinda stuff alone!

Sunday, I did get a chance to get out of the house. Went with the girls to 2urbanlicks. Great Asian Fusion and I was able to have fusion alcohol for the first time and I am hooked! I need to get me a jar going ASAP. That stuff was GOOD! We sat and talked and ate lamb lollipops, crab cakes and calamari. We started this up several months ago and I find it refreshing. We have tried all kinds of places in this city and I hope we continue.

Mini-me is talking about trying out for the dance team for 8th grade. I need to now rush and get the necessary physical forms filled out. I need to take my own behind to the Dr. soon. Meds running low. Decided to get my ass in gear and started walking (I know, I know - another exercise announcement) but nah it's not anything big - just need to get the blood pumping.

I also am feeling the need to put some spring in my house. I want to redo our bathroom and get us a new comforter as well. Just cause we sleeping on the floor doesn't mean the bed can't be nice, lol I want to bring some plants into the house as well. I will start working on that in the very near future.

This week should be warm weatherwise and smooth activity wise. Leading up to a quite busy weekend. The summer party circuit is beginning to kick off!

I was just looking at my dashboard and I've logged in 638 posts between Emancipation and Adventures - that's alot of conversation people. I also have received 1086 comments (I keep them all) I just noticed I am over the 14K visitors to this site. I am so enjoying blogging and would like to continue sooo

THERE IS VERY EXCITING THINGS COMING IN THE VERY NEAR FUTURE HAPPENING TO THIS BLOG! STAY TUNED!
 
posted by Pamalicious at 10:29 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 11:24 AM, April 30, 2007, Blogger Ms.Honey

    Its a must that I get the house when I have no money even if it's to the car to clean it out LOL...glad it was a relaxing weekend for you and the fam...and umm those clothes I tell ya

     
  • At 3:43 PM, April 30, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous

    Please keep on blogging - you know this is one of my favorites!