Thursday, May 03, 2007
Mindspace 5/3/07

GQ - - That's me!



Welcome to Throwback Thursdays. The problem with this day of the week, is that I have so many memories and stories of my youth, that these posts can go on forever. I'll try to keep it brief, lol Today, I wanted to continue my tales of the HS love kind pulling off my prom stories of last week.

Well let's start at the beginning and get that out of the way. My very first man and definately my lifetime Bottom B and the litmus test of all the rest of my eventual stable is of course.............


Don't get it twisted! Ok so now let's discuss the rest of the mere mortals, lol Well, before that, let me tell you that I had more crushes than Fanta Soda Company and my ENTIRE Highschool romantic adventures had to be in total secrecy because my mother has some kinda bizarre issue with anything having to do with boys. I was more chained up than a new slave, let me tell you! I went on one chaperoned date when I was 14 otherwise I never went on a date during those pivital 10-12 grade years as it pertained to my mother. Just thinking about that shit now makes me want to call her up and start an agrument...SCREECH, ok I'm 40 now, that was 20+ years ago, let it go Storm, let it go...Ok, lol. Anyhoo, my Dad was much more lax and the only dating I really ever did on a consistent basis was the summer of me being 16 (how appropriate) when I went to visit him in Philly. SIGH. That don't mean that I didn't try to get into as much trouble as humanly possible at that time.

I started digging boys when I was about 10 and left the Nation of Islam school and went to public school. I wrote my first erotic story at 11, me and a boy were 'doing it' on the scream machine at six flags. I burned my first set of journals, when my mom read that in the back yard. I have been digging black'men' ever since, lol

Once I got to highschool, it was on an poppin. Every week I had a new 'love', lol My first crush as a 13 year old was of course a Sr. (anyone from Booker T reading this will know who I'm talking bout, lol) TM was a Sr. and black as midnite. Lawd have mercy. He dressed like the pimp I needed him to be. He was the resident dancer and I was over the moon for that boy. I even wrote him a note, lol lol

My first real 'boyfriend' appeared at that same time in the form of a friend of my older brothers. He also was the only date I ever went on. He was cool first love kinda stuff. I had perfected kissing in the 7th grade, but I remember he told me I couldn't kiss - tore me up, so then I made it my goal to be the best kisser ever, lol I practiced daily - - on the cover of the Destiny Album with Mike,lol lol lol Yea for those in the know the cover opened out and Mike was at one end and Randy was at the other. I spent many an evening sitting beside my best friend as we listened to that LP and kissed our real men. (ok now I am feeling like a plum idiot). The entire horror of my life (at the time) was that date. We went to the movies and my mom and my younger brother and sister sat about three rows behind us. Someone should have shot me then. At some point he became a juvenile deliquent and that fizzled out.

Next on the list was JR. Top of the line fine. Sought after fine. Broke every artery in my heart when he got some girl pregnant and told me via A NOTE. I still have that note in my keepsakes. SIGH.

I then became enthralled with said juvenile deliquents. I had a mega crush on one KL. He was tall dark and had the most perfect jerri curl, lol lol I never saw him set foot in class the first, but that was soo appealing, lol I gave up on that after it did start to bother me he had a permanent spot in the fourth floor bathroom. After him came a set of twins. L&A E. Pretty Ricky what they called em! LOL L was the choice of my affection - too bad, one day we went to see a friend of my moms in a psych ward (!!!) and there that negro was as a weekend IN PATIENT!!!!! for drugs and alcohol. Slinking along the wall moving right along.

Fast forward to me moving out to Campbellton road and meeting all that Therrell High had to offer. That effectively was the end of me chasing BTW boys (except for my crush on NH and NM and OH and JH, lol - but they were my boys, that was mandatory). I now was strictly a Therrell High Floozy, lol. This was also the beginning of me getting my platinum belt in GQ'ing - nah that wasn't no dance that stands for: GRINDING QUEEN. Now ya'll know I had made the blood promise with my girls to remain a virgin until we were out of Highschool, but I was a hot something - so once I mastered kissing, I had to move on and thus I could grind with the best of 'em. Now because I also was INSANE - and I swear up until I was with my first husband, no one had ever seen any naked flesh of mine before. I did all my dirt fully clothed! LOL LOL LOL No palming, no fingering, no sucking, no nothing - just jean on jean grinding. I know just turn away so you don't spit on the screen in laughter.

I was sitting outside one day on my porch just chillin and reading - when I saw this boy ride past on his bike. Everyday occurance, but he had on a cast to his thigh. I went out to the street and flagged him down because I was intrigued with that and thus began another great teenage love jones chapter. The sparks flew and he immediately became my boyfriend like that day, lol lol. It wasn't until like a month later that I found out he was like 13 1/2 to my 15 year old ass. Hell he was taller than me and played varsity football, lol. We spent alot of time hugged up walking around in the Apartment complex. You remeber those strolls - hands in each others back pockets, walking like Laverne and Shirley, lol. I babysat for a woman who was hardly ever there, so that afforded me plenty of time to see my beau. I would arrive, she would leave, he would arrive, we would get rid of kid and get to grinding, lol. All we did was make out. We made out on every piece of furniture in that woman's house, lol. He flunked, got kicked off the team and his family moved and that was that.

Then there was D.R who I spoke about HERE. D.R. lived upstairs from me. He was best friends with G.W. Now G.W. was fine as frog hair. He used to walk around in his short short jogging pants with the thick white seam and three stripe gym socks and just be the shit! D.R. genuinely liked me, but I was soo stuck on G.W. however, I did like D.R. So whenever I felt like there was no hope of G.W. ever noticing me, D.R. and I were a couple. Me and that boy would get into some of the weirdest trouble.

One night I was suppose to be doing the dishes - he came to the backdoor and I came on out and we started necking, I mean going at it, lol. Next thing I know the back door flew open and......SPLASH a dishpan full of dishwater hit us full on, served by my Momma!! My little Brotha had told her I was out back 'doing the nasty' LOL LOL LOL We just stood there soaking wet, before he ran upstairs and I ran in the house. That didn't stop us though.

We were necking on the couch in my apartment and ended up leaning back on the couch. He had on some shorts and I did too. He got up to reposition himself and all I saw was the BIGGEST TENT IN HIS SHORTS I had ever seen in my life. I don't know, he didn't have no drawers on or something. I screamed "what is that?!" Pushed him and he landed square in the middle of my momma glass table (you know the one with being held up by the elephant base). Lawd that table cracked seamlessly in two. We both looking at each other like awww shit, what we gonna do - so I suggest that we throw the table away and I'll move the two end tables to the front - like my momma wasn't going to see that!! Two weeks punishment - and I didn't tell her what really happen either......

The summer of my first romance involved me and WC. We had the best summer of our lives in Philly. Catching the bus to Atlantic City and walking up and down the boarwalk. Parks, South Street, Movies, Double Whoppers at Burger King (ahh the teenage metabolism). He even let me wear his dog tag. I get home, my mom starts screaming "HE CAN SEE YOUR DIRTY PILLOWS!" drug me in a closet and made me pray and that was the end of that! Juliet once again!

I could go on but actually my Sr. year was kinda a bust. I really just kinda gave up on the whole thing, since I couldn't date like my friends etc. I just hung out with my crew and then at 19...GOT MARRIED!!!!!!!!!! I already said way before I had mini-me that I was going to be the type of mom who remembered when I was her age and not just enfore a yoke chain just because - she gives me a reason then sure, but she can date when the time is right - now that might mean when she's 35 (especially after writing this) but we'll see.....................
 
posted by Pamalicious at 10:27 AM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 10:53 AM, May 03, 2007, Blogger Weekends Off

    LOL OK I'm going back to read this but I wanted to say THANK YOU SO MUCH girl for the play by play for ANTM Omg thank you!!!

     
  • At 11:07 AM, May 03, 2007, Blogger Weekends Off

    That was so fun to read!!! I can't tell you how hard my sides hurt from laughing!!! I was reading your antics and remembering my own lol...man that was just a great post girl...

     
  • At 6:36 PM, May 04, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous

    OK, the "jean on jean" grinding had me rolling. But the coup de grace was the dishwater story - SPLASH! ROFLMAO.

    My mom was so odd b/c I could hang out all night with the girls, or even a mixed crowd, until all hours of the night - but let me go out on a date and it was like, "Be home by 6pm." LOL.