Tuesday, October 17, 2006
Brainwaves 10/17/06

Fragments of My Mind



Well I crawled in today - not quite sure if I'm actually here outside of physically. It was raining, my first full rain in DQ but we trudged on through splattering raindrops left and right. The infiniti sound system making it seem like I was at a concert for one. I am feeling it! My thought process is incomplete therefore there will be snippets of this incompleteness in the blog today.


Received a wonderful gift from MAMA CAUN yesterday!! This really set me in the bridal mood. What attention to detail. It says Pam and Reggie - 1/20/07 A Forever Love. I also received a call from my nephew who is six and who explained that he knows all about weddings and could he be the one to bear the rings OR could he be the one to sing "Here Comes The Bride". Of course I told him he could be the Ring Bearer so now Chocolate Baby Pound Cake will be the flowergirl with back up duties as the ring bearer. I didn't include any family because quite frankly - they aren't really known for showing up and traveling like that and I didn't want to scramble cause they were no shows. Well apparently they are showing. No problem. This weekend formal Engagement Pictures (just a very small set, um besides us and our mommas, who wants these, lol I need them for some things I'm doing for the wedding) and begin printing the invitations.

Hip Hop a Hibbie a Hibbie to the Hip Hop Rocker You Don't Stop a Rocking to the Bang Banb Boogie Say Upchuck the Boogie To The Rhythm of The Boogie To Be - tonite is the 3rd Annual VH-1 Hip Hop Honors (9pm est). I can't wait. I still have the first two on my DVR and will watch them, lol. I can feel my ears being weighed down with my door knockers as we speak. Vh-1 Soul (GOD I love that channel!) has been only showing old school Hip Hop all weekend. I have smurfed and Kid and Played and Wopped my back out. This year I have the pleasure of watching it with CAUN - therefore we will be moving the couch and table out the way. Too bad during the actual time period I was WHICK WHICK WACK, lol lol

Another Television Note: Wednesday, Oct 18th is the First Annual Black Movie Awards beginning at 8pm on TNT - Hosted by Tyler Perry, this should be hot!

This morning on The Steve Harvey Show - they asked whether or not, as a married couple, you should receive calls from folks of the opposite sex. Now this show is geared towards an adult audience and everyone was like Hell to the Naw (well a few people said it was okay only to be heckled). Maybe I'm just on the other side of stupid, but I really just don't get it. I am 40 years old and have not lived in a bubble for these years. I've actually made friendships and acquaintances over the years. I am always upfront concerning who these folks are. Does that mean I have to stop talking to them? I just can't imagine that everyone is out to try to get in where they fit in. I mean CAUN has had females call his phone and he sits right there and speaks to them. I don't mind. Just last nite Italy called on the house phone we talked about 20 minutes - just updating each other. Now I don't know maybe I don't understand it because all of my male friends live out of town. I just think it's kinda stupid to 'require' folks to act as if they know no other people. Now no I wouldn't give my number out today to a man talking about I got a new friend - that's not cool - but if I have known you and my mate knows about you, which he does - I don't see a problem. Far as I'm concerned it's not even those people your mate would be cheating with, lol What I learned from watching "Cheaters" If you already think it, it's probably going on, lol and you don't need a camera crew to prove it.

I don't talk about this often, but I'm looking forward to being a step-mom. Nobody said it was gonna be easy and so far it's non-existent, but I grew up in a household where those distinctions were not made - therefore I won't be making them in my home. I wish I could be given a chance to get to better know and bond and incorporate that aspect into my life. I wish that as adults - we would think and react in the best interest of peace and more importantly peace of mind. I feel 'funny' that I've been conviced and hung without a fair trial. I'm alot of things, but I'm not a bad person nor parent. I'm laying back in the cut because that's the place I should be in now - but I just wish..............

Speaking of No-Fly Blog Zones: Ya'll know there are certain things I'll only gloss over or not speak about at all. You ask why? Because they are just sensitive topics and the reprecussions of projecting against someone else - I don't want the drama. I am repelling drama currently. Now who knows I may keep getting the gumption and just go for it but as of today the following topics are:


  • My Sex Life - suffice it to say, I'm VERY happy

  • My Mom in Detail - because either I'm going to talk about her professionally or personally and I choose the professional and don't want the two to blend like they do....with me

  • My Gig - What's the point? Only to run my blood pressure up?



I'm having hair apathy!! My hairdresser deserted me and Mini-me. I am devasated. She just went out of business and didn't call or anything. Then when I finally do reach her - she is trying to open a salon somewhere else or whatever! Do you know how long it took me to trust someone in Mini-me's head. So seeing as hair has always been my hobby - I have been a DIY kinda gal. I actually (and Mini-me confirmed it) have been doing her hair quite well. She's satisfied...for now. Now on my own head, I was rocking braids and then moved to pieces and wigs and now I'm weaving. Yea I'm doing it myself. It's really not that hard. I'm one of those people who can do alot to my own head but not much to someone elses, lol. I can braid and cornrow my own head, but don't ask me to do that to Mini-me's, lol Maybe cause I'm left handed - the braids come out funny on someone elses head. So now I'm rocking a curly head of hair - mixed flawlessly with my own (I know because nobody even noticed,lol) I think I'll be rocking these quick weaves for a minute. I might as well with the wedding three months away. I am going to get my hair pinned up in twists for the wedding and Mini-me will be getting the same style. "Janet" is a licensed make up artist, but noone coming is a hairdresser and I just don't need the hassle.

I've found a whole slew of new personal slant blogs that I am reading and catching up no their lives. I'll be updating my blog roll shortly cause some folks have drifted off and I'd like to celebrate those that are writing on the regular.

Mind Currently Empty...............
 
posted by Pamalicious at 11:19 AM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 3:13 PM, October 17, 2006, Blogger Ladynay

    Dang girl that was a lot of reading!

    That's a cute pillow.

    Folks know when they are being cheated on even if they don't want to recognize it.

    I don't watch TV much so I guess speak on that

     
  • At 3:14 PM, October 17, 2006, Blogger Pamalicious

    I've been on blog overload - I had to mind dump, now I'll got back to my regularly skimmable posts, lol lol

     
  • At 9:03 PM, October 17, 2006, Blogger blkbutterfly

    i listen to Steve Harvey too and love it. it's not really catered to my age demographic, but it's still cool. however, i didn't catch today's discussion. i guess that's what happens when you leave late for work.

    anyway, i totally agree that once married, ppl should not be expected to cut off ties to other friends of the opp. sex. like you said, those friends were there before the spouse. the only way it would present itself as a problem is if the friend came before the spouse. until then, i don't think it's too much to ask for people to just be adults about friendships.

    i've been by before, but had never commented. i dig your blog and your spirit is very cool. it's like a breath of fresh air to read about someone who's happy w/ her life.