Tuesday, November 07, 2006
Brainwaves 10/7/06

SCARRED



There are so many memories that I could take up two weeks, but I wanted to make it lively and funny for yah - so I'll take up just one. Alot of topics rolled around in my head, but I thought I'd start "I Don't Want To Grow Up" week with stories that have scarred me for life! Being a child is hard enough without you doing things that end up being burned in your memory.

Here are a couple of mines:

I've always loved dolls and had them since I was very young. When Baby Alive came out and they had a black one too - I was in heaven! I loved that doll and immediately after feeding it all the food that came in the box, went on the hunt to find other things to feed her. Margarine, applesauce you know regular stuff. One day we were all playing outside and I was down the block with my friends. I kept seeing lots of kids coming to our porch. As I got nearer I saw that they were lining up for something. Now it wasn't lunch time (back in the day my step mom used to make peanut butter and jelly or cream cheese and honey sandwiches and we would line up to get one and a cup of water - all the kids on the block, didn't matter) so I was wondering what was going on. We ran down the street and as I got closer I saw two of my brothers at the head of the line standing on the porch. One by one kids were walking up - then I saw what was going on: My brother had taped the waterhose between my baby alive's legs and was charging a nickel for kids to come up and drink out of the Baby Alive Water Fountain!!!!!!!!! She was laying on the porch rail with water shooting out of her mouth!! I began screaming and running around and chasing folks away. SCARRED!!!!


********************


I was a bike rider! Loved it! We spent alot of time on our bikes. I used to love to race. We would have these tournments against other blocks. Well we had a big one coming up and I was the current champ. One the day of the race, my mom had to run an errand and told me to stay my ass in front of the house, but I couldn't miss the race come on now! So she left and I left. RACE TIME! We are speeding down this hill, I am doing my thing when I realize that my brakes don't work on the ten speed. I begin to think about how to stop the bike at the end of the hill and then I decide to pull up in the drive way and just fall over in the yard at the bottom. Well the best laid plans of men I tell yah! I missed the actual driveway by like 1/2 an inch - I hit the curb and all I remember is flying up in the air. I was airborne. Then I woke up and no lie I was hanging from the first rung of the telephone pole that was at said curb. Just hanging there. Kids running around saying I was like 100 feet up in the hair. I pulled myself up and unhooked myself and fell to the ground. I was crying, of course and then it dawned on me, my mouth was full of blood and I didn't have any teeth!!! Where the hell were my teeth!! So then I began screaming because it also dawned on me, my mom would be home any minute and she was gonna WHOOP MY ASS! So here I am crawling around on the ground looking for my teeth, broke up bike all broke up - just a hot mess. I remember limping home and everybody deserting me as I sat on my porch (cause back then you were safe enough not to even have to go in the house, she had locked the door) waiting on what was going to be much worse than any teeth I had knocked out. I ended up losing a tooth and having to stay out of school for about two weeks due to severly brusied ribs, and some kinda funky ass huge boils I developed on both knees. I was nine years old SCARRED!!


********************


We spent alot of time in that empty house in the back. It was a fort, playhouse, scary house, hide and go seek(or hide and go get) house. My older brother was always trying to either tear up things or blow up things. One day we were out in the back and he told us that he could make the house fall down. We laughed it off and were like, you're out of your mind. He then began to tell us about structures and what held them up etc. etc. I ain't gonna lie, we became intrigued. He then devised a plan to tear the house down. We worked on that project for a good week daily. He snuck my fathers tools and we spent time sawing different spots in the house etc. It was a two story OLDD house - had been abandoned for years and was wooden. It was on it's last legs anyway. The big day came. I was the lookout (as usual). My brother had two of my other brothers tie these ropes around their waists. Then he tied the ropes to the steps in the house. On count they all went into the house - at the count of 10 they were all suppose to run out the house pulling the steps out which would start the implosion of the house. 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10!!!! They went to running and the house started shaking and down it started falling!!!!!!!! Except it was falling towards my Brothers - who were chained to the house! I am HYSTERICAL crying and screaming because I just knew they were dead. Wood, Dust, EVERYWHERE!!! I was beside myself - I had just lost three of my brothers in one fell swoop, when suddenly they rose up out the rubble, alive and well except for some cuts and bruises. Ya'll do NOT want to know what kinda trouble we got in SCARRED!
 
posted by Pamalicious at 9:38 AM | Permalink |


4 Comments: