Monday, November 27, 2006
Mindspace 11/27/06

Monday Musing



I have had to have my baby tap into his Cali roots over this shyt! Break Yo Self Fool! Can you believe I am just getting to my blog post?! I have been hemmed up like a midgets ball gown all freaking day! I should have known coming off the holiday - I was going to be picking extra bags of cotton, but DAYUM! So I've effectively abandoned my family to write my blog and then go to school. So bear with a sista - cause I had some things to muse about!!!!

BUT



I interrupt my own mindspace to bring you that of another. ATLNEWBIAN is a friend of mines that I met off of Emancipation. She was a building block in CAUN and my relationship because she watched Mini-me and we have kept in touch even though she moved to North Carolina. She's a young vibrant sista with a miniature star in the body of her daugther living with her. Life is wide open for her and I hope that she decides to grab what of it is hers. She came to our home and broke bread with us and was privvy to all of our going ons. She said she just had to guest write and let you all know what it was like. So I will cram all my shyt back into my mind and allow her this time. It's always a pleasure to have someone guest and adds texture -so sit back and enjoy ATLNEWBIAN.



Now... I met Pam through a blog she had on blogspot, if memory serves me right... I used to sit for her, her daughter is now 13... (To go off on a tangent... yall black people know you need to still have someone at home checking in with your child up until maybe 14.... and if you don't, don't be surprised if you wind up with a sexually active, sneaky ass child. lol It's called letting a child be a child... with boundaries. Take note.)

She is a good friend I've kept in contact with since my move from GA... She's engaged to a wonderful man... and getting married in January... I like to think I played a part in that union because I watched her daughter from date #1.... and listened to the stories... and endured her acting like a 13 yr old with the giggles.. lol but I digress).

Soooo... I settled in, and sat back... and watched. Man listen... these people are nuts! lol It was like an impromptu skit ever 7 minutes. I got some of everything... musical performances.. dance breakdowns... 40 yr olds walking it out... and doing the chicken noodle soup. lolol But!!!! it was great. I have honestly never seen a couple mesh in such a way.... that they are like the old grandparents that everyone loves... because they understand each other... and just know how to enjoy the other person's presence... without it being needy, or dependent... but complementary. "THEIR" daughter was all embarassed... the entire time mind you.. but I wonder if she realizes that the world is ugly... and there people out there who do not care... who reproduce... and could care less what kind of loving environment they provide. So to meet a woman... who made it her mission to provide that... and not settle... wind up with a mate perfect for her situation... and heart... and family... is mind boggling. But yo, they are still crazy. I'm trying to upload my lil video I made on my phone of them "performing." lol

So anyway... I ate, drank, and was merry... and embraced...Annnnnd enjoyed Thanksgiving... without having to do any cooking... priceless! There was turkey, cornbread stuffing, mac and cheese (4 cheeses son!), greens... you should know how I feel about greens.. O BABY... a sweet potato souffle, gravy, and a broccoli rice casserole. Next time, I'ma need for the woman to bake a pie though... then I will love her more than my own momma. lol.

For the first time since I was 7, I think I'm now ready to take on the holidays again, and make it my mission to give my daughter that love, and peace... because it's needed.. for her to grow into the person I want her to be... better than me, and more capable of loving without restraint.
 
posted by Pamalicious at 6:50 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 8:30 AM, November 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

    i love the holidays...there's nothing like spending time with family...and plus i love it when lil'sarccastik is having fun around family and friends on the holidays...

     
  • At 9:57 AM, November 28, 2006, Blogger Ladynay

    4 cheeses on the mac and cheese? Wow! I wanna see those performances! It's refreshing to know that more families cut a fool like mine does! LOL