Sunday, February 11, 2007
Mindspace 2/11/07

Musing Early



Pepperoni Lasagna and a really cool grape alcohol mixture. God I love the Sunday cooking shoes on the Food Network!

So I'm sitting here eating a sausage,egg and cheese sandwich and drinking diet iced tea enjoying the quiet of Sunday Morning.

This weekend has been quite cool. Smooth is what I like to call it.

Soo we went to see Norbit Friday nite. First however, I had the best drink at Applebee's. An apple Sangria. It was exceptionally good. Got me in the mood to go see this movie.


Right off the bat let me warn you. Not sure how this movie got a PG-13 rating. There was wayyy to much cussing and I was kinda upset, cause we did take Mini-me. Now about the whole movie. The movie lacked flow. Towards the end it just ran out of..movie. Charlie Murphy, I'mma need you to do so much better in the writing department. Eddie don tried to work wit cha and this is what you came up with.

Now there were some parts in the movie that were hilarious. I went to see it in the hood on purpose, because I wanted to see the reaction. Let me say this, Eddie has captured the very essence of the current 'view' of black women. Respucia was so on point! I now know why folks are upset. (1) We in Denial and (2) It hit wayy close to home. I see this behaviour all around me, daily and some of it I even possess. I'm almost positive that 95% of the sistas who left that movie first words were "I don't act like that" and the second is "I don't know any women who act like that" LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE!! Even down to how she rocked her 'natural' short fro when she didn't have her weave/wig on at home (as I sit here in the same condition)was on point. Several Brothers in our row, were like "Man so and so act just like that". Now sure there were parts that were over the top - but sorry, it pegged us in a negative light...alot, but it isn't fantasy.

The funniest part of the whole movie - - the pain Clifton Powell looked in because he signed on to do the movie, lol

Saturday, I met up with "Janet" and "Tynomite" for brunch. We have really taken to exploring Atlanta's restaurants (might come back to haunt us but we're enjoying it). I like it because at 40, we should be expanding beyond Red Lobster,lol.

We went to Atmosphere Restaurant. It bills itself as a twist on French Cuisine. It's in a renovated house (alot of little bistros etc. are like that in Atlanta) and the food was fantastic and so was the wine. I am becoming interested in wine and might actually see about taking a class to become more educated about it. "Tynomite" also gave me a wedding gift which was a complete scrapbooking kit for the wedding. OH yea! It was a quite nice aftertoon.

Speaking of wedding, I'm at the wrap up stage. Woman sent my thank you cards to the wrong address (sigh), so hopefully I'll get them early next week. My last sets of pictures are in the mail. I got my photo books from My publisher and they are fabulous. Found the cruise and will book on Friday. Found out that passports for cruises don't start till 2008!

Did my grocery shopping, you know little stuff around the house and today I'll be chilling and working on my assignment to turn in tomorrow.

Friday, I'll be beginning the name change process. SIGH.

In an effort to read more, I won't be renewing my magazine subscriptions. Only Essence and Vibe.

Family doing well, CAUN is off playing basketball, Mini-me is in her room. Chicken is cooking for the Gumbo I'm making tonite for dinner. It's freaking cold and that should warm the cockles of our heart.

So tomorrow begins A week of Love and Relationships on my blog. No it won't five days of me spouting what I think I know about the subject. I'll bring in other sources, lol. But stop by, might be some cool stuff.
 
posted by Pamalicious at 10:34 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: