Monday, February 26, 2007
Mindspace 2/26/07


HAPPY SAVIOURS DAY!



Monday Musings



Wow about Jennifer Hudson. Every once in awhile they have to show the masses what they claim this country was built on. So that little gal who was just trying to be a contestant on American idol, who was told "she wasn't in the big leagues" and then she disappeared from public eye only to come back in a remake of a Broadway Classic and win every Theatrical Award on ONE FILM. Amazing! I still say that she needs to be very careful. She's like a 9 year old that gets skipped to the 8th grade. Yes they are plenty intelligent to belong with the 13 year olds but developmentally they are still....9. I hope she has the right people guiding her career because my first question is with the drought of good sound black movies; um what is next for her in terms of pictures. However, with her winning that opened her up to be the 'black friend' in some mainstream stuff - so we'll see. Eddie just having "Oscar Nominee" by his name will boost his work and Will Smith needs to win something!

Forrest Whittiker made my eyes mist. I think the last hurdle will be one of our 'normal everyday all black cast films' - getting best picture.

This weekend was cool. We went to see Daddy's Little Girls and Stomp the Yard at the drive in and that was cool. Sakinah fell asleep on the second movie, lol Tyler is getting better - but instead of watching Color purple all the time - he needs to watch The Best Man. That was one of the best examples of multi-storyline development that all led back to one main story and ended. Tyler, to me, keeps writing for time instead of story. It's like he said "Ok I got 15 more minutes - and he just wrapped it up. HOWEVER, Idris Elba was to die for! Whew Lawd! CAUN actually told me to go ahead and get it off my chest cause I was about to pop, lol lol. I wish they would have actually had more real frats/soros to flush out Stomp the Yard and I'm sorry but were they all on the Masters Pledge Line. Good Lawd, they looked old.

We also took a field trip to the Mountains of GA in our quest to go back to Vegas. I'll leave the name of the resort out, but it was about 45 minutes past Lake Lanier which means we were IN THE MOUNTAINS. Georgous resort and what not, but I wouldn't own any property up there. I told them that though I know their company and their creed or whatever is in line with everyone enjoying their resorts and facilities - their clientele might not feel the same. The chance that us moving around on the resort and feeling 'not wanted' was just great. There were more ZZ TOP's and Confederate Flags than I wanted to see. I would have to own my property in like Florida. I can be around keeblers all the time and be self sufficient, however, not in the GA Mountains. So we went through the whole presentation and let me tell you those condos were nice and I would like to move into having a vacation property in the future. I want to begin to travel more and more, but not right now. So we sat through deal after deal after deal until we were dismissed. We got our trip and actually it wasn't too strigent - we can't travel 7 days before or after a major holiday and it needs to be, of course, tuesday-thursday but that's cool. We gonna try to go the week after my birthday. Also we got a scratch off and we won a week either in Aruba/Puerto Rico/Jamaica. That one doesn't include airfare but the Vegas trip does. We want to try to take that one on our first anniversary. We also got a rebate for the Gas we used to come up there - so it was all good. We got our blackness OUT of the mountains before nightfall, lol.

Otherwise, the weekend was the weekend. Errands and other household things. I discovered (1) my own head of hair and (2) how to use the ceramic iron, so I will be rocking what God gave a sista...this week. I know don't keel over and yes I will be posting pictures,lol I have finally decided on a plan of action for the head and I'll talk about that later.



http://www.GlitterMaker.com/ - Glitter Graphics
http://www.GlitterMaker.com/


Yes today is Caun's 39th Birthday! I think I'm more excited than he is, lol I am just a celebrating sista. I have the fandango planned for this evening. Even Mini-me is excited. Unfortunately, you'll just have to wait on the pictures etc. tomorrow.

Here's a funny tidbit: My late Husband was born on Christmas Day and Caun is born on the most holiest of Muslim (NOI) days. I tell yah! I think it just makes me feel better knowing my men need to be men close to God,lol

I can't wait to get out of here to let the celebrating begin. If you would like to leave Caun birthday wishes, please feel free to do it via the comment section here. He reads the blog and will be most appreciative!

p.s. If you would like to know more about Saviours Day - just click the link under the flag.
 
posted by Pamalicious at 10:38 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments: