Thursday, March 15, 2007
Mindspace 3/15/07

Stuff and a Bit Mo Stuff



Hmmm - I am suppose to be doing my homework, but I felt some blogging coming on and so here I am. Didn't have a chance today because I was at the Dentist again.


I have to say that it feels so much better in my freaking MOUTH. The diabetes manifests itself in my pie hole and so taking care of that actually makes my sugars better. Now I've developed another problem that I have to go get taken care of first thing in the morning and then hopefully I'll be seeing them six months from now.

Today I ran into a classic, lol the "I'm married to the boss so I can come in and play office when I please" Lawd have mercy! This sistas was OFF THA CHAIN!! She made my head hurt and I ended up having to 'show ethnicity' in the spot. So she comes bounding in and just started ragging on the front desk people. I mean she was (and actually I rarely call other sisters this) but she was being a bitch. She was speaking to them as if they didn't have a clue. How did I figure out who she was? Because she mentioned it several times. {rollin eyes}.

Well the office is in a heavy ethopian area therefore muslim community. Well, there were I know 6 (insert last name here) in the office, lol So when they called it - we were like Um which ones, lol lol lol

Well in spite of the fact I had it spelled out 100 times on the forms, they misspelled my name on the paperwork and I asked for it to be corrected. She goes "that is your name right?" I respond "yes" so then she says "Well we have to put the name exactly as it is on the medicade and according to them it's blah blah blah" WTF?! I had noticed that she talked to them bad from the get go. I stepped back and looked this broad dead in her eye "Excuse me, but I believe that you've mistaken me for someone else (1) I don't have medicade and (2) I'm from right here in Decatur, so you will NOT speak to me as if I am illiterate - now again the spelling of my name Pamela XXX is" and then she looks and realizes that she has the chart!!!! So then she crosses out the two wrong letters and writes over. I then go (just to bust her balls cause she had em swingin) "I would like one of the very nice and efficient front desk personnel to make me a new folder, so there won't be any confusion" LOL LOL THEN she gets on the phone and tells 'somebody' that there is no way that her husband can join them because he plays Tennis on Sunday and Golfs and probably won't have time for such an unimportant event. I can imagine who that was and how they were gritting their teeth. Some folks need to STOP TRIPPING. However, I actually liked the office - so I will return.


Here is Mini-me in the contacts. She tore another one and I've let her know she has two more, if these don't make it till next Saturday then she won't be getting contacts, she's not ready.

I want to spend a minute on the cruise. We are sooooooo excited. Last evening we went and mapped out our shore excursions. Here is a picture of our ship:




Here is a sample of the cabin

Here are our ports of call: New Orleans, At Sea, Costa Maya, Santo Tomas de Castilla, Belize City, Cozumel, At Sea, New Orleans.

Here is what we choose for each stop:


COSTA MAYA

Highlights Of Costa Maya & Beach Break


Stop in downtown Costa Maya for an hour of free time and shopping. You'll journey through the jungle trails and along the Caribbean shore. Admire the endless stretches of white sand and beautiful blue-green waters. You'll have approximately one hour stay to enjoy the beach. You can lie in the sun, go for a swim, play a game of volleyball, or enjoy one of the complimentary ocean kayaks. Note: Wear your bathing suit and bring a towel.


SANTO TOMAS DE CASTILLA

Trolley City Tour

Ride a unique trolley for a 50-minute ride through the streets of Puerto Barrios. Your guide provides a narration on the history and folklore. Some of the attractions along the way are the colorful local graveyard and the Hotel Del Norte - a local tradition of over 100 years. Note: Participants must be at least 18 years of age to consume alcohol. A maximum of three cold alcoholic drinks (usually beer) or soft drinks per person are included.


BELIZE

Altun Ha Mayan Ruins & Belize City Tour

This fascinating tour focuses on the contrast between the ancient Mayan city of Altun Ha and modern day Belize City, highlighting 1,000 years of development within this former British Colony. Altun Ha (Mayan for "Rock Stone Water") thrived as a trading post to the Mayan world during the Classic and Post Classic periods. The site was made world-famous by Dr. David Pendergast of the Royal Ontario Museum upon his discovery of the world's largest carved Jade Head, depicting the sun god Kinich Ahau.

COZUMEL

Eco Jeep(R) & Snorkel Adventure

Drive your Jeep Wrangler(R) to Punta Sur and visit the Punta Celarain Lighthouse, Navigation Museum and Caracol Mayan Ruin before heading to the beach. Due to the bay's protection, it is safe from sea currents and its sandy and shallow waters make it an ideal place for snorkeling. Enjoy beach games, water sports or simply relax.

Man oh man I am sooo ready for this vacation!
Here is the bag my MIL made me for the trip. She added that "Mariah" element with the butterfly. So fly.

Well let me go to class, lol lol LadyNay has a great Meme that I will be doing tomorrow. Would tonite but it's almost 9pm and I want to be done with class before 10. So peace out!
 
posted by Pamalicious at 8:20 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 10:40 PM, March 15, 2007, Blogger sj-the-infamous

    Don't do the Belize City tour. You'll be disappointed. The ruins are something else though! Go to Ambergris/San Pedro if you can...the boat ride over is gorgeous. Gosh, I miss Belize :) Enjoy your trip!!

     
  • At 10:43 PM, March 15, 2007, Blogger Pamalicious

    Hmm thanks for that tip. I may have to send you the possibilities and see what you would recommend. Actually we did choose this because we are running out of PESO's!