Monday, December 04, 2006
Mindspace 12/4/06

Monday Musings



It's The Most Wonderful Time of The Year!!!!! Good Day Mates! I hope that everyone had a good weekend. I didnt' do shit this weekend - which allowed alot of time for musing, lol So let's get right to it.

LADIES! The chill in the air means one thing - the brothers are about to start steppin out in the sexy winter gear. Ya'll know what I"m talking about. Cords, Nice Jeans and sweaters with the matching skullies,
TIMBERLANDS (they look 'right' in the winter - not in July). Here's another 'tingler' - Construction Workers bringing out the LONG JOHNS and Flannel Shirts!! Brothers all bundled up in nice jackets but you see their crisp jeans falling just right on those timberlands. The super fly brothers who know how to rock a real coat - the long ones with the scarves and their gloves. HOT DIGGITY DAMN! Wonderful winter colors like cream, chocolate, dark denim, Brothers who grow beards for the winter LAWD HAVE MERCY! Ladies you may now go get a drink of cool water and wipe yah brow.

So I went back over to myspace to try to figure it all out (no need to bother yourself with what's happening on that page). I couldn't quite figure out the entire scope of it, until I realized that I could honor the celebrities that I love, lol So that's what I am doing, lol I do like reading the pages. I have also figured out however, why it will never be a real part of my internet existence - because it's just a popularity game and I'm out the running for that nonsense. If I told ya'll about the 'wars' and the 'top ten lists' and the 'kudos' and the level of drama that happens over there - . The internet is closing in on me. I can't find the 'type' of space that I would like to live in as a 40 year old. Ya'll know I LOVED 'Highschool' - I spent several years up in that joint and it redefined the entire discussion group experience for me - but now it's run it's course. Not necessarily because of anyone or anything - but it's at the point where it's eating it's own vomit, if you can understand that. I can't 'taste' anything - there's eating and rejurgitating on purpose, it's currently just a big ole bulimic fest, lol So now I'm a thought without a discussion board home. But back to Myspace. So there is like some level three drama going with the 25 and under set so I know I won't be putting in any real time over there - but the Michael jackson fan pages are to die for!!! LOL

If you would take a few moments and peer to the RIGHT. You will notice that I've finally updated my Blog Roll. I have no order or any ranking - t hey are all ones that I read daily. These are active writers and folks that run the gamut. I'd like to highlight however a couple of folks that I particularly enjoy.

  • Through These Brown Eyes - Everyday Life and lots of interaction. Go Sit in her kitchen and have some good ole conversation.

  • Inside the Gates of J - this is an up and coming blogger, but I am digging her stories. She is a 'Highschool' Deflector as well

  • Moving Forward - this sista is DEEP. You can't comment, but she is the place to go if you want your daily grateful needs met

  • Trying to Create Equilibrium - New to my eyes, but this sista got something to say! Blk Butterfly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Top Mack Nigga - If you want some 'truth' and some 'comedy' and get a shirt This is a MUST READ!

  • Babee Munkee & Clams - Living in ANUS giving us daily colonics

  • MoBetta Blues - Yes people "Mobetta" is blogging - enough said

  • Freaky Deaky - Booty Booty Everywhere proceed w/caution, but as we know the freaks come out at night

  • Rod 2.0 - THE site for politics and world affairs from a mano y mano point of view MY BLOGFATHER

  • Clay Cane - Edgy, Snappish and just a sprinkle of Queen - EXCELLENT REPORTING



I have a couple more to add - everyday there's new people to read. The black blog community, whether it be on Myspace (which by the way I find not necessary a 'true' blog) or a page made on blackplanet - is becoming one of the most diverse and best places to interact with my people.

I have also put a spot to post some recipies as I do 31 days without meat in my diet. It's December 4th and I'm tired of it already, lol I need to focus. However, I do get creative during this time and come up with some really good healthy filling meals. So glance over there sometimes and check it out.

December is also reminding me that my wedding is just around the corner! I worked on my mom's wedding announcements for her friends, and my welcome to Vegas packs. I also narrowed down where I would like to have my post-wedding dinner. This is NOT a reception. I really think I want to have it at the Wynn Buffet. The rack of Lamb is getting rave reviews all over the net. For $32 a person - I better pass out when I go up in that piece, lol I also researched and found an Indian Buffet for lunch with my family - we can't go anywhere without finding an Indian Restaurant and a Thrift Store, lol lol. I feel unorganized about the City of Vegas and what I would like to do. It's not the place to just wonder around - I need an itinerary. I'm working on that as well.

I'm also feeling out of sorts because "Janet" and I haven't been able to connect in awhile. Our life changes are big ones her acquiring a baby and me acquiring a future husband and they are both full time jobs, but if I don't see my best friend soon - I'm gonna pop!!!

HOLD UP WAIT A MINUTE! Please tell me WHY Flava of Love's NY decided to insert beach balls in her skinny ass?!



This is so blinding to my eyes that I'll just end my musings here, lol lol Let's have another spectacular week!
 
posted by Pamalicious at 10:39 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 5:30 PM, December 04, 2006, Blogger Ladynay

    Wow now those look real *insert eyeroll*

    I only use myspace to keep up with my school buddies and to give my blogger buddies a chance to see what I look like. I don't have time for folk that don't know me in some sort of way.

    I hope you get up with your girl soon, go have coffee at starbucks or something! LOL

    Timbs look right in the cold, please say it again!

     
  • At 4:52 PM, December 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

    New York looks like a HOT FLAMING MESS! Unbelievable! What was the picture from?

    I visited MySpace once and was like, "No thanks!" People always talk about finding people from their past on there ... but I don't thin anyone I know would have a page there, LOL! I think I'm just too old.