Tuesday, December 05, 2006
Mindspace 12/5/06

Flippity Flop



This is going to be a rambling entry today. My mind is not right. I'm not quite sure what is wrong with me, this is gonna be to the left soooo.........I wish I could rap - I would spit some fire on ya'll right about now, lol.

I found this on a site and it burned the hairs in my nose. I loves me some Mike, but he sets himself up - he really does. At this time you might want to remove small children and pregnant women from the room....




And Can You Believe there is actually a MAKING OF this video! Lawd Help Us!



I was thinking about this in the truck this morning. If I hear one more person say "Why are you strapped for cash? Isn't most of the wedding stuff done?" I guess unless you have planned a wedding, you just wouldn't get this. Regardless of the destination - there are still things to be done and unlike an island destination - this one is a true destination - we are just having it somewhere else. My package includes the ceremony and my flowers and some pictures and a DVD. We got kids, we both are not ones who sit around ready to go formal on the fly. I would like seeing as I can't give nobody nothing else - have a couple of things to commerate and celebrate the wedding. There's rings, dresses, marriage license, spending money, alterations, a daughter with hair to her ass that needs combed, girdles - there are all kinds of things that go into this - so yes I am strapped for cash? I don't want my wedding to be tacky so I'm trying to keep it as middle class as I possibly can.


which leads me to the other statement of the moment...

"But you got a man?" WTF does that have to do with alot of stuff. CAUN is not some trophy I am carrying around! Ok, I have a man THANK YOU ALLAH GOD! I am really feeling blessed. But that conversation is always, to me, tinged with a shot glass of haterade. Yes my life has gotten more stable, I have security, I have love, I have companionship, I have a role model for my child these are wonderful things - and the two of us are evenly YOKED in our mismanagement of money. HOORAY for all the Negroes that learned that little lesson about keeping their credit straight, putting away 10%, opening 401K's and all the other stuff that alot of new age negroes like to throw in your face and put at the top of the 'what I want in a mate' - but there are also alot of folks like me - who for 13 years has been making ends meet and living a comfortable lifestyle - but at an expense. I never learned the value of a dollar for the future only the pleasure it can bring you today. I met a man who I am EVENLY YOKED with when it comes finances. Our life is good we living the American Reality - above our means, lol lol So yea you right - I gots me a man and I HAD me some debt, some creditors, some bills, some future bills and that ain't I can't love away! The True Importance of him in relation to this: We love each other regardless!


***PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT***

I hereby will
SHUT THE PHUCK UP
cause
I really don't have anybody to whine to at this point cause remember
I GOT A MAN

***PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT***




Ok - I am done! Dropping the Keyboard! O-U-T

Perfect example of how with every level of happiness, we pull a small container of shit along for the ride - I need a hug and some icecream!
 
posted by Pamalicious at 9:20 AM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At 10:07 AM, December 05, 2006, Blogger Ladynay

    LOL Your funny! It's just as struggling single folks it's like, okay you got an extra check coming in why you broke? I am not saying I back that cuz I once was part of a 2 check household and was worse off than I am now as a single woman. Its just their logic....

     
  • At 10:13 AM, December 05, 2006, Blogger Pamalicious

    Well it's flawed logic - I still maintain that's just some haterade.

    Tomorrow I'll be back to discussing all the cool stuff we are doing with said money, lol

    I'm ONLYYY HUMAN!

     
  • At 10:20 AM, December 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hi Pam,

    I have been reading your post for a while now. I found you through Slish's blog. I enjoy your posts. I like that they never sound rehearsed, just whatever is on your mind that day.

    This post made me finally comment. I like the way you express yourself!

     
  • At 2:16 PM, December 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

    *applause* More money does not make you less broke when it's being mismanaged. I've been trying to undo my poor money management habits for a few months now and its not easy. I can only imagine how difficult it must be for the two of you to undo those habits. I pray for your success.

     
  • At 4:51 PM, December 05, 2006, Blogger Mr.Slish

    Thats was Grrrrrreat. Yo I love the Honesty hint hint...My motto for 07 " Be you and the rest will fall right in place" ...