Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Mindspace 3/20/07

Dream A Little Dream



It is the first day of spring - It will be about 73 degrees today - It is my two month Anniversary - Most of the office is out of town - TODAY IS A GOOD DAY!!!

Spring is one of my favorite times of year and because of this, I tend to go into daydreaming mode more than usual. My mind is just a flutter. Most of it is surrounding the cruise and how much fun we are going to have, some on the summer in general and BBQ's, going out with friends and chillin and then some on those things that you just kinda dream about.

This morning the dream of choice was:

WINNING THE LOTTERY!

Some of the best late night conversations between CAUN and some of the best to myself convo's have revolved around that elusive lottery drawing. We had to of course adjust our plans to accommodate each other, but it oh so much fun spelling it all out.

I laugh because the last conversation we had was about whether or not you can have bad credit and be rich and we decided that you could. If you are paying your bills all janky etc. you can still have a bad credit report, being overextended facilitates this as well - so we still would be on the freaking cutting edge, because money management is not one of our strong points - but common sense is, so we would definately be reaching out to a financial planner.

There also must be 'levels of wealth' plans. Cause quite frankly anything under 500K, we aren't really sharing the wealth outside of our parents. We will do some treating here and there, but the wayward cousin who we haven't spoken to in years, can go on with thier lives, LOL


Once we hit the big money however, things change. Of course ANY amount of money come up will begin with getting 'the man' off of our back for our past indecretions, making room for the new ones! Man oh man. I have heard that paying off everything at once is not a good idea, but we will be rollin it out for a deal to. I'm still just not giving up what they say they want. Hell, I'll still have bad credit, due to the payoff, yet I will have the fundage to make them 'forget' when it came to acquiring the new credit necessary.

Of course we will look inward first. First up a financial planner, someone who could show us how to make money off of the money we have. Add on an Accountant - these people would help us clear up our past and align us sanely for the future.
The home that we want would come first complete with the furniture fitting for said home. Nothing worse than running out and getting a $300K plus home and bringing home room to go outlet stuff or leaving it empty. Next would be the automobiles that we want. We would keep DQ nothing wrong with her, just add me a luxury sedan and CAUN what he wanted. Next would be setting up the necessary funds to make sure our children went to college comfortably. Then the drama would start.

Amounts of money won mean so much in relation to who you bout to break off. Automatic breakoff's would be our parents (this includes my step mom), Next up would be our best friends (Yea they are next), then the rest depending on how much loot we acquire.

Let's for the sake of argument go into the millions. That would mean automatic "Gailizing" of Janet. I could NOT enjoy having money if she were not able to hang with me. I don't see it happening. CAUN would be "Stedmaning" his brother. This would include paying off their bills, plopping them in homes and cars suitable for our new lifestyle and then large cash sums of money to manipulate in the way they want to on top of that - just rolling wit us.

Now once you get past this, my stuff gets shaky, ya'll know I have 'family barriers' which is what I have begun calling them, cause they are usually from me outward and I can admit that (but that's another post). I would want to take care of my nieces and nephews but beyond that. I would spend time thinking about what to do for my siblings. I said a long time ago and I still hold to it that if I were to win something like 35 million etc. I would require a 500 word essay as to exactly your reasonings on why a portion of my winnings should end up in your life. I think it would be fun, lol lol

CAUN is a softie, so I know I'll be having to really be on him about this. Unless we win 100 million, we are going to be beneficient but we are not the money train for our families.

Let's move up into huge numbers like the one mentioned above. Then we would just get ignorant, lol lol I know that we both agree that we want multiple dwellings. We want our home base to be here, but we also want to buy something in NY and CA and we then want to purchase something in the Islands that will be open to everyone. Like some property with a main house and a couple of bungalows. We also said that a plane is a must that will be available for everyone as well. Need to go somewhere - let us know, lol I would also (if we get into the say 80 million dollar range) just bless some folks. For instance, the girls I hang with - I would pay off their homes and cars. CAUN would make some of his folks solvent as well.

One of my major dreams would be to do an 'Oprah's Maya Angelou' type situation and just invite say 25 of our closest friends on some major vacation all expenses paid, just show up. We got you covered from a clothes stipend and everything. That is just sooo fly!

We don't necessarily agree on the whole work thing however, lol I see myself
He sees a two week notice. We both do agree no quitting work for anything less than a two million.

Charity wise. I would like to totally fix up and re do the nursery Mini-me has been at since she was 5 years old (and she's 13 now) that woman has helped me raise my baby and I would like to just do that. Also I would like to become involved with different things around town. I also would like to fund some Charter or Private schools for young black boys and girls here in Atlanta.

Let's keep it real. It's a whole look that goes along with this whole money deal. I hear folks saying they wouldn't stop shopping where they were shopping before the WIN. NEGROES PLEASE! I'm moving the hell up! It's Target all the way for me, lol lol lol On the real, I would probably only move forward with things in my life that are sentimenal in value otherwise it will stay right where it is, lol lol You can also expect me to get some 'work done'. I might even go on the downlow for a minute while I get some stuff sucked and tucked and then hit the gym and get me a cook. It would definately be my time to finally get it off, lol lol Can you say LACE FRONT for days!!!!!!?!!!!! Whew Lawd! I am over her almost trembling thinking about the shopping 'Janet' and I would partake of. Especially when we get us a good nanny to watch our kids.

The stress free lifestyle is what I would look most forward to. The traveling and exposing my children to things - we could just away like every weekend and still maintain our connections and schools etc. etc.

This post must end now because I am developing a headache expanding my mind to the impossible, lol This is oh so timely because last night 'The Calloways' graced the screen via Vh-1 - their one hit wonder? "I WANNA BE RICH?"

Tootles!
 
posted by Pamalicious at 11:13 AM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 12:17 PM, March 20, 2007, Blogger Aziza

    A 38-year old sista from my home state of North Carolina won $74 million dollars from the Mega Millions. She won it back in November, but didn't come forth to claim it until last month. She showed in a limo looking sharp. It's good to see brothers and sisters win. I want to win next. I'm tired of working.

     
  • At 4:08 PM, March 20, 2007, Blogger Weekends Off

    K and I have the greatest time planning on how to spend our lottery winnings each time we buy a ticket. It is so fun!

    If we won, we'd buy land and build a big house with several guest houses on the property for my kids to have their own. Then while the home was being built he says we will see the world. He's been watching the travel channel count down the must see before you die places and he thinks we might be able to see them all in about 3 years.

     
  • At 5:40 PM, March 20, 2007, Blogger Freaky Deaky

    Nice post. I think I'm going to steal this idea and do my own post one of these days.

    I can see people booing me now if I won because I wouldn't be all humble and nice about winning that's for sure.

     
  • At 6:34 PM, March 20, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous

    You and Caun are too cute, just cuddling and talking and dreaming together. After 7 years of marriage, our pillow talk is like, "What'd you have for lunch," and then we move on. Sigh!