Monday, March 26, 2007
Mindspace 3/26/07

Monday Musing



LET THE SUNSHINE IN! LET THE SUNSHINE IN! THE SUNSHINE INNNNN! Thank you God for the sun! Howdy folks! I hope that everywhere there was some sun to enjoy for you. It was in the mid to upper 80's all weekend in the HOTLANTA (finally time to bring that word out) and we were loving it! I didn't even mind the nakedness, we were all just basking and coming alive from the nourishment of the sun.

I was in a "I'm so thankful" mode all weekend. Most of it was introspective, but really, I am not the best when it comes to Religion itself and the rigors of it, but I am a believer in God and that He is the one who makes it all possible. Having said that, I was quite humbled this weekend as I looked at my life in it's totality as well as currently. I am so blessed! As we moved about, doing our thang, together and separately that I was just happy. I know that the saying is that 'you're happy' in advance, but I personally don't necessarily believe that. I think that I am now happily satisfied. I have been a somewhat happy person, but I am satisfied with my life right now and thus the happiness feels new and different. For anyone who has stress and strife and drama and pain in their lives, I send a hug your way. There is so much peace on the otherside, work hard to get there...

Friday was 'Janets' birthday and so I set out to get her a gift. She is a small woman 4'11 and wears a 5 1/2 shoe. She loves shoes but sometimes it's hard to find those little sizes. I remember that we were at a store and they had about 5 or 6 styles in her size and she got excited but purchased none. So that was my goal to get her a pair of shoes, lol Well I went over there and why were they having a clearance and they were all at dirt cheap prices!
So I bought her every style they had in her size and then the idea grew with it being close to easter and all and before you know it - THIS was what she ended up getting.


The shoes along with some glasses, some shot glasses, a friend frame and some other little knick knacks all wrapped and presented easter basket style. She was delirious with happiness (and the six drinks she had before we got there, lol) She changed clothes to put on one of the pairs and we were off to the bar. Mannn I can't even front, I have been an honorary member of the 'married couples' club for awhile due to the fact that I mostly hang in my social life with married women but to now be a card carrying member...SWEET! It is just a nice vibe, maybe because the folks I hang with are just stellar people and we all just groove really nicely. All I can say about Janet's Birthday is that it involved alot of drinks in TUMBLERS, she wore a flashing tiara and we were all very glad that CAUN is a non-drinker, lol lol

The rest of the weekend was just about getting out in the sun. Trips downtown and to the park to do a bit of basking. Watching the kids run through the Olympic Ring Sprinklers, sitting outside the house, taking a walk through Underground and enjoying the human sites. My people! My people!

I have a busy week this week, you know how it is before you go on vacation. My top priority is wrapping up this class, so you might see me on more in the evenings this week than I have been lately.

I won't even begin to start in on the whole cruise thing, acting like I ain't neva been nowhere, lol. Ya'll can see the countdown clock at the right and deduce how insane I am right about now, lol I am worried however about folks that keep falling OFF the damn ships. I think I'll just peek over IF that, lol Operation smuggle booze is in effect as well. Anyone who has any tips - send em on. Liquor is wayy to high on the ship. Yes I went and checked the weather forecast at each port and New Orleans. I know I know, lol lol

That couple thing is kicking in again - CAUN just told me a good friend of his and his wife want us to go to Italy with them late next summer! Lawd have mercy - thank you for giving me something else to plan. Where are my lists, lol lol

Well it's taken me since 8:25 this morning to find the space to get this thing posted, so let me go.

OHHH one more thing. I have been real janky about Drippin Chocolate. I can't do any 'research' at work due to the nature of the site, so it fell by the wayside, but with spring nipping at our heels like it has been, I had to get back on IT! Sooo - We are back up and running and this week is super special to make amends with you ladies:

VIDEOS LADIES - WE GOT VIDEOS!


So come on over to DRIPPIN CHOCOLATE and enjoy!
 
posted by Pamalicious at 1:27 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: