Thursday, March 22, 2007
Mindspace 3/22/07

Thursday Throwback



Originally written February, 2006

NOTE: Since the writing of this - there has been no communication. I have a definite address etc. and sent wedding announcements etc. I had this crazy idea that maybe just maybe he would reach out for that. But no - After the wedding, I spoke to another brother and let him know that I was through. I have to just let go and let GOD.

O Brother Where Art Thou

The other day I got an email from one of my brothers. It always amazes me that he actually is able to maneuver the information highway, even if it is to send me a picture of a woman being violated by a horse (insert appropriate facial and vocal response). However, the thing I noticed more than that was on several emails, there was an address that was familiar, that of my older brother. Yep I have an older brother. One I haven't spoken to in um 7 or so years if not longer. I wonder if this was his actual email address. I had written it before to no response. I've sent mail thru traditional means to no avail. What happened you ask? Well in a nutshell - he and I were very very close coming up, he was my bonafide hero. I looked up to him and was very protective of his well being as he was mine.

A series of things began to happen that basically fucked with his psyche. I've talked before about the fact that I believe the theory that Mike J. was just sensitive and wasn't able to take what maybe another person could. I have a great amount to fortitude about some things, but apparently my brother did not. Around this time, he also met a series of women who did NOT have his best interest at heart. I spoke to him about this situation, but as we know affairs of the heart can break up the closest folks.

I remember exactly what went down. I was visiting his home. His wife at the time was point blank nasty. I was amazed (especially coming from the 'Man is King' upbringing he came from) how he was so submissive to the idea that he should work 60+ hours a week then come home where a stay at home wife has done NOTHING. The final straw was, the strips from the sanitary napkin laying exposed on the dresser. I got home and spoke to him about it and he went and told her what I said. She effectively banned me from coming to her home and speaking to him and surprisingly he went with that. As a matter of fact, it got to the point that he stopped speaking to everyone in the family and outside of his very recent communication (though VERY stilted) with his mother - we don't hear from him. Not a hello, how yah doing?, Wha I got a nieces and nephews - - nothing.

In the beginning I was very tortured about this and was very angry, then the anger turned to self because maybe I should have never said anything, then it just became I'll resolve this within myself and move on with life. Which is where I am at now. He's not even with the woman anymore - so that's a mute point. I would think, especially after all these years and after I have offered olive branch after olive branch - he would maybe make contact.

What is the kicker of all this - he has an ex girlfriend from many moons ago - that in the meantime in between time he has maintained a friendship with that spans over 20 years now. She has access to him and guards it like it's the answer to world peace or something. A couple of times important family information needed to get to him (regardless of his response) and I've had to go through her to get it to him. I no longer even ask for his information anymore. I have always found that situation the most fustrating of all. She and I are friends as well, but she's loyal to him like I've never seen folks be loyal.

So there you have it. I think about him often - what does he look like? Is he taking care of himself? Has he found any peace in his life yet? I would like to tell him about how I'm doing, have him see his niece - you know stuff like that. I don't even know his last three children at all, never even seen a picture of them (but then again neither has his own momma).

If I were to talk to him, I think I would really have to swallow deeply because yes my first inclination is to cuss him slam the fuck out. However, I won't...I just wanna say how are you my brother?
 
posted by Pamalicious at 11:44 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 2:44 PM, March 22, 2007, Blogger Weekends Off

    (((Hugs))) I haven't spoken to one of my sisters in a year, and that was a terrible conversation, and so I won't talk with her again. Before that, it was 2003 since I've spoken with her in which I invited her to my wedding and reception and she refused to come since the rest of the family would be there. She got mad at the family and took it out on everyone.

    I hope your situation ends in the way that will give you the most peace. Cutting off my sister did that for me, I can now not feel guilty like I didn't try hard enough.

    The ball is in her court now. I'll speak to her again once she appologizes to everyone.

     
  • At 3:14 PM, March 22, 2007, Blogger deepnthought

    (((hugs)))

    you are in my thoughts. this post touched home for me.