Saturday, March 17, 2007
Mindspace 3/17/07

Internal Clock Woes



As we approach the 9 o'clock hour, I will have been up three hours already! Why? Because my internal clock has been set to 'work'. This has been something I have fought forever, which is why I never used alarm clocks. It was my last bit of 'freedom' from the man, lol Well enters CAUN and his "I gots to get to work on time" ass. Bling Bling Bling - clocks going off all up in this piece. So now I'm up and it never cuts off. I have no 'weekend' schedule.

So I've (1) baked a pound cake for brunch today, (2)looked up hotel possibilities for our Florida Family Trip and found one (3) Wrote the 'promoters' of Mini-me's Summer 2007 world tour with posssibilites and (4) did some reading on others blogs. LOL

After speaking with CAUN and discovering that robbery was NOT a part of our financial plan and the fact that unlike me everyone doesn't get 35 vacation days a year, we are going to postpone the triumphant return to Vegas. I'm cool with that - my girls weekend to Savannah is still on and poppin. This way we will be able to not be janky with our first family trip to Orlando.

I am going to need an EBAY intervention! Just on happenstance I decided to see what other kinds of things Ebay has in that big virtual flea market and so I put in two words that are going to be my downfall: MICHAEL JACKSON I needs HELP! I am watching like a dozen things and believe you me this right here is coming HOME TO MOMMA!! I've already dusted a spot, lol


(sorry need to kick this snoring man to roll ova DAYUM!)


Um, can someone drop kick...WINTER. I had to laugh yesterday as I drove by looking at the youngsters shiver at the bus stop in their "ooo I wish my momma would take a look at what I wear out the house so I won't be out here in March in a swim suit" outfits.


Speaking of young people, the advent of this technological society is that you have to have a conversation with your children about their responsiblity in it and their respect for it. Mini-me is learning this the hard way. Apparently as a "joke" she took a video of two boys and added commentary that suggested they were gay. Well word got around and Mini-me got a taste of the dreaded popularity and suddenly she's in the office because one of the boys has decided that he is offended, which is his right. The school looked at and burned the video off of her phone and apparently the Father wants to talk to mini-me. Well first off, I'm all up at the school on Monday because why wasn't I notified of any of this. There will be no meeting anywhere without me and CAUN being involved. Second, I could drop kick her little ass.

Soo we had to have a stern talk with her about her responsibility in the technology world be it video, camera, email or IM. As well as explain to her slander and how no matter how she looks at it and how 'harmless' this might be in her eyes and even in the boys eyes - it is the job of the parents to look beyond their short sighted vision and that based on the (right or wrong) stigma of homosexuality in the black community, this boy and his family have taken offense to this and that is their right. Be it the day she made the video or six month down the road.

It was a good lesson in when you do something, you are responsible for it and if you let it out of your immediate person, you have no control over what direction it will go in -- therefore once you showed it to the first person, it took on a life of it's own and now it's boomeranging to hit you in the ass.

She will be writing a one page 'apology' to this boy and his family and I'll drop through the school to make sure this is going to blow over.......

Well now that I am two hours or so away from my brunch - let me get on up and get dressed and what not.

Countdown to Tyrese in full effect - I wonder if a swimsuit and boots are appropriate?
 
posted by Pamalicious at 8:59 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At 8:41 PM, March 17, 2007, Blogger TTD

    those MJ dolls are cute!!

    ur gonna be a busy bee this year w/ all those trips.. good for you!!

    u definitely should've been notified about the meeting w/ the dad... and i believed u handled the situation very well...