Sunday, July 16, 2006
Brainwaves 7/16/06

DAYUM It's Hot Already!



Summer in Georgia. Wake up and feel the crushing humidity of the day! I hate it! I wish there were a shower connected to my bed. The only good thing is that I have been hearing that our fruit crops are coming in extra sweet. I need to go pick me up a watermelon fo sho!

What's up people? I think I'm beginning to catch my stride over here. How about every three days? I think I can do that. Allow some stuff to build up.

This peaceful morning is the beginning of a busy day actually. I have "Janets" shower part two coming up. I need to make the chicken salad and wrap my gift and gather everything I have to bring. I have been soo sluggish, I really haven't put into this what I probably could, but I'll come through with my end of the bargain. Once it got disorganized, my train of thought wandered. Should be another great affair however.

Another 'relationship milestone' is currently underway. Folks say argue and it will show you what you dealing with NOPE - I say let a man get....SICK! CAUN is under the weather and has been since Friday evening. He's basically shut down his systems and slept for most of the time. He's asleep on the couch now. He banned himself from the bedroom and basically from anything close to me other than some comfort hugs and head rubs (He likes me scratching his scalp). He's not too bad - just going inside himself to heal. I haven't hoovered or anything either. He's a grown man and I'm sure he knows what to do to get better. I've missed his jovialness however and his clock is off. He was up all night because he slept all day. I did tell him he's had the last of meds with a drowsiness factor.

Now the funny and shocking thing has been...I can't find shit to do! What in the world?! I've always had activities etc. to occupy myself and suddenly after hooking up with CAUN - I don't know what to do with myself AND I had a hard time sleeping last evening! Ya'll need to splash cold water on me!

While I was out at the store yesterday - sitting in the chinese restaurant waiting on my beef and broccoli w/$1.00 extra broccoli - this sista approaches me to ask where I got my toenails done. I told her and then she sparks up a conversation about how her stomach hurts. I offer the 'sympathy yet leave me alone' smile and then she goes "Well I know why - he was really dogging it" UM HELLO! DAYUM!! AW HELL! then she begins to tell me all about how she USED to be able to place her feet behind her head but apparently her weight gain messed that up and that he was 24 she's 29 and her husband is 65 and can't really ride it like he used to (meanwhile I feel my brain go into multiple personality mode as the one who can deal with that visual appears up front to save my sanity). I offered up health tips and condom ads and other God stop talking to me words of wisdom, while I looked back in the kitchen sadly. Finally she called my order and I leapt up grabbed it waved and jetted. I must work on my 'you look like a good person to talk to' stance - CAUSE I AM NOT!!

Mini-me should be packing and preparing to head from Houston to Philly in the next couple of days. There she will stay with moms until August 1st. I've already purchased her ticket home. I miss her. It became evident last evening - I take pride in her being so independent and being able to experience these types of things but in my growth I've become closer to her and so I miss her. She won't be 'little' but for so much longer......

Ha! the blog has taken on a whole Journal feel to it. Interesting. Ya'll might really get into some of my business if it travels on this path.

We have two weeks to finish packing and one box - that should be on the CRCT test, lol lol Gotta step up this plan for real.

Well let me go take a nice cool shower, put a rag on CAUN's forehead and get up to my elbows in Chicken Salad. Hopefully I'll get some pictures this time and can post some from the Shower.
 
posted by Pamalicious at 9:33 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: